Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Room Sharing Help!

We have a 3.5 year old and a 9 month old. They've just started sharing a room (we're two nights in now) and it's NOT going well. Both children usually are rock solid through-the-night-sleepers, but since sharing a room 9 month old DD has been waking up in the middle of the night wanting to play. It's like she sees her big bro and will do anything to get his attention (plus, she's hungry after 5 or 6 hours without food). After an hour and a half of crying/squealing each night, we've given in -- bottle and she goes back to bed just fine.

DS definitely gets up with DD, though last night he slept through some of her squealing.

The room has two night lights because DS is afraid of the dark, so DD can definitely see him. DS will NOT turn off any of the night lights. They do not nap together because DD wakes up sooner than DS (who naps 2.5 hours). 

They used to be in separate rooms, but DD was in our loft area and we have concerns about leaving her in there long term. 

I'm worred about both of their sleep. Would love any advice!

- One tired mama (and family)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
CafeMom Tickers

Re: Room Sharing Help!

• Ours have been sharing a room since DD stopped sleeping in the co-sleeper, at maybe 2.5-3 months old.  I think only time will get your DD to stop seeing it as playtime.  Mine do fine, although DD doesn't sleep throught the night yet (never has, still up 2-3 times a night).  DS usually just sleeps right through her waking up.  Sorry not much help.  But it does work :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageryry1977:
    Ours have been sharing a room since DD stopped sleeping in the co-sleeper, at maybe 2.5-3 months old.  I think only time will get your DD to stop seeing it as playtime.  Mine do fine, although DD doesn't sleep throught the night yet (never has, still up 2-3 times a night).  DS usually just sleeps right through her waking up.  Sorry not much help.  But it does work :) 

Thanks! I think I just needed some encouragement to stick with it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We aren't there yet so I don't have any advice.  My plan is to take DS out of the crib at 19 months and have him and DD share a room so the new baby can have the crib. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"