November 2012 Moms
Options

What The MotherTwoMonthShots?

Yehhh... Cu got his two month vaccines today. He went through his circ like a champ with no problems. The first couple of hours after them today even were no problem. I thought we were "out of the water". Um no.

We were watching a movie with my dad and my mom called him and the phone woke him up at 6.30pm and he woke up with a heartbreaking scream that wouldn't let up. I brought him back home and DH and I did everything we could and everything we could think of.

He finally fell asleep and quit crying at 8.30pm.... yeh, TWO HOURS LATER. Coming from the baby who rarely cries. Seriously. It was awful.

What worked, you ask? Standing in the bathroom with him, while the shower water was running. Once he quit wailing and was just whimpering, I was able to get him to nurse. He fell asleep nursing.

Gahhh. I really really hope he feels better tomorrow.
I seriously now understand and feel for the mamas around here battling reflux and other issues.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What The MotherTwoMonthShots?

• Options
    Poor guy! Thank goodness I still have another month before we have to do those, but I'm having anxiety about it already! I hope you have a better day tomorrow!
    TTC #1 BFP 6/1/2011 blighted ovum d&c 7/15/11
    TTC #2 BFP 12/6/11 chemical pregnancy natural mc 12/18/11
    TTC #3 BFP 3/19/12. 4/9: HR of 134! **Bake Turkey, Bake!**
    **All ALs Welcome**
  • Options
    Poor guy. Oliver was sleepier and fussier after his and had a bit of a nursing strike for a few days afterwards. Shots suck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am so sorry you guys had to suffer through that. It really is difficult to listen to them cry.  After D has one of those crying spells he always ends up with painful gas from sucking in so much air Sad .

Glad you were able to get him to calm down and nurse. At least you know the sound of running water is soothing to him now.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh man, I'm sorry! We had a very similar experience with my older one's 2 month shots. It was actually the first time we called the advice line for her, I thought she was reacting to a vaccine but she was just screaming herself completely purple! Tylenol helped but it took a little while to kick in. Thankfully, the rest of her vax appts have gone MUCH more smoothly. I'm glad you were able to calm him down finally. It's so heartbreaking knowing they're hurting and not being able to do anything about it!
  • Options

Poor little guy. I feel for you. When my LO cries in pain from the reflux and I see those real tears it just breaks my heart. I can imagine that if Cu really doesn't cry much, that had to be really hard for you. I'm glad you were finally able to find something to soothe him. 

My little guy had his on Thursday (tdap, influnenza, and oral roto). I braced for the worst. Figured between the reflux and shots I was in for a long day/night. He wasnt bad at all. Veeeerrry sleepy. He actually slept through 2 bottles. And a little fussier than normal when awake. No fever. I actually didnt even give him the Tylenol. He did get the loose stools that pedi predicted. We had 6 loose bowel movements that day.

Perhaps this was God's way of making up for the reflux nightmare. In any case, I hope that Cu is back to his old self today. 

IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

y u c k !  We give a dose of Tylenol right before a shots appt. sorry friend! 

PS- typing on my kid' s kindle is hard! 

• Options
    We have shots on the 8th. I am not amused.
  • Options
    The 2 month shots were not nice to Noah either. He was so pitiful all day. If you moved his legs even a little he would let out this horrible painful cry (I refereed to it as the wounded puppy cry) and it just broke my heart. He hardly ever cries so I can relate to it seeming extra awful when they cry for so long. Fortunately N seemed to feel much better the next day and was completely back to his old self after 2 days. Tylenol was our friend for the first little bit though. Hope Cu feels better soon! 
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagesugar2515:
    Is Cu feeling better today?

Yes, yes, yes! Completely different! I am so happy and relieved.

It was basically just the two hours of straight screaming. Once he went down at 830, he woke again at 11, 3, 5:30, 7:30... but just to eat and then he fell right back to sleep. There was no more crying. And so far today, he is his normal self. I've even got a few smiles today... which is awesome because he hadn't quite been smiling yet so for him to really get the hang of it today makes me feel so much better.

• Options

imagejoliebebe:
    We have shots on the 8th. I am not amused.

And us on the 7th. Bah. So Tylenol is recommended before? After? Both? 

-LJ
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Our ped gave Tylenol at the appt and said we could give it before coming in for future appt. He also said we could give it every 4 hours after, but he slept most of the day and we thought he fine, until he got super fussy that evening. In the future we'll be sure to keep up on the Tylenol after so we don't get behind and have the discomfort in the evening.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Omg I am so not looking forward to Bella's shots... : she has a bit of acid reflux from time to time and it breaks my heart. The shower also works for us she LOVES the water! Poor Cu. :
    Isabella Sophia Tudorica - November 24, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"