November 2012 Moms

I'm starting to feel terrible...

...about sending LO to daycare. :(  Anyone else?  We have about 3.5 more weeks off together. I'm thrilled that I will have gotten 11 weeks with him by the time I start my new career...  I got so lucky with the way I was able to change jobs and lose minimal income while getting a new job doing what I want and have been training for.  I'm sending him to the best daycare in our area that I've heard nothing but good things about from both people who have sent kids there and people who have worked there...  So why do I feel so awful? :(  It doesn't bother me to leave him with my mom or MIL or my husband for a few hours when I'm out and about...  But the thought of leaving him in daycare all day sucks. :(  Maybe part of it is because I worked in a daycare for two years...

There's no universe in which I can afford to stay home, so I guess I'll just have to put on my big girl panties and do what's best for our family. 

Me: 32 DH: 32
Married: 05/31/2008
DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
M/C: 06/11/2015
DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d

Re: I'm starting to feel terrible...

• Right now I am home - so my 2 year old is also. And while I'm so happy she no longer has a constant recycling cold,  I have some guilt because she's not in daycare, lol.  Everyday she talks about her friends at school, and I know she really liked it (she woulkd cheer when I pulled in the parking lot).

But I know how you feel.  It's hard - but LO will be taken care of and as he gets older he'll make friends and hopefully be so happy there. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"