September 2011 Moms

Potties!

Who has purchased one for their LO?

I was soooo close to buying one for Christmas! I am lame! Well? Maybe not! I did not buy it!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Potties!

• Hahaha, call me lame because I got L one for Christmas! So far she has gotten a big kick out of sitting on it before her bath at night, and that's about it!
  • G got a potty for Christmas from her Nannie. It sings when you pee in it. I guess I'll sit it in the bathroom so she can play with it and get used to it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • O has had one awhile, hes never intentionally used it. I caught a poop once though with it lol
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lameo here, too! I got him the Fisher Price potty that plays music when you pee in it. He loves to play with it! Sit on it? Not so much. Once I take his diaper off, he sits for half a second, then jumps up and races around the house naked! It can't hurt to have it around, though.

However, yesterday I could tell he was pushing like he was going to poop while we were in the bathroom, so I put him on the regular toilet and he pooped on it! He did not like sitting on the big toilet AT ALL, so we probably won't so that anymore for a while. I don't want to scar him! But it would be nice for him to know that poop goes in the potty, you know?

I, unlike my husband, am in NO hurry to have him potty trained! Diapers are much easier than peeing/pooping his pants in public. I just thought the potty chair was fun. Haha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagealstumb@gmail.com:
    Lameo here, too! I got him the Fisher Price potty that plays music when you pee in it. He loves to play with it! Sit on it? Not so much. Once I take his diaper off, he sits for half a second, then jumps up and races around the house naked! It can't hurt to have it around, though. However, yesterday I could tell he was pushing like he was going to poop while we were in the bathroom, so I put him on the regular toilet and he pooped on it! He did not like sitting on the big toilet AT ALL, so we probably won't so that anymore for a while. I don't want to scar him! But it would be nice for him to know that poop goes in the potty, you know? I, unlike my husband, am in NO hurry to have him potty trained! Diapers are much easier than peeing/pooping his pants in public. I just thought the potty chair was fun. Haha

Aw!! What a big boy!

Bo pushes like he is going to poo too in his diaper! I accidentally taught him that one day in my own potty Tongue Tied

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I wish I had thought to ask for one for her for Christmas.  I don't think she'll be ready all that soon, but she is starting to show an awareness for what's going on-like after she poops I'll ask her if she's stinky and she'll grab her diaper and grin.

• I'm really surprised B didn't get one for Christmas. She's gone poop on the potty two nights in a row, but I don't think she likes to sit on the big potty, so I'll have to get her one.
  • We got her one right before her birthday. She has peed on it 4 times. All of which I'm sure were coincidences.

• I was just researching potties on Amazon and headed over to the bump to search posts for recommendations.

What potty chair do you have? Do you like it?

I want to get one for DS just so he can start exploring the idea.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • We got C one for Christmas too. Honestly, I haven't taken it out of the box yet. I figured he'll at least have a place to sit while I go pee!

HP super sirius

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We have a potty seat- the kind that you sit on and pull out the bowl to empty and the one that you put on top of the seat with handles for small booties. I haven't taken them out yet, just set him on the regular potty. He has peed a handful of times on the potty, but when I mean pee, I mean 4-10 drops.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I wanted to get one that hooks to the toilet. I can tell when G is pooping so I wanted to start setting her on it? I don't know I might be crazy. DH thought I was, so we did not purchase one. :)
    photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• I haven't bought one but have a seat and step stool saved to my Amazon wish list. I'm sort of thinking of getting the seat that goes on the toilet rather than a little potty but I have no real rational for that so I'm curious what others are choosing and why.  I don't plan to introduce one until closer to 2.  N has only just discovered the toilet in terms of trying to open it and I can't say I'd notice any "interest"
  • We haven't gotten one yet but we are real soon. I still have decided if I'm going to get a whole potty chair or just the seat that connects to our toilet.

I'm leaning more towards the whole chair that way she can stand and sit on it by herself.
  • I'm late to this conversation, but just wanted to weigh in.  We're planning to get a seat that hooks on to our regular toilet and a step stool for DD.  She used the regular toilet a few times this weekend for the first time, and it would be nice if she could sit on it without us having to hold her up to keep her from falling in. LOL!

We decided to go this route instead of a potty chair of her own because a) we don't want to have to dump and clean a potty chair all the time, b) she's fine with the regular toilet (i.e. not scared of it or anything) so we don't see the need, and c) we only have one bathroom and it's pretty small, so I'm not sure where we'd even put a potty chair.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"