July 2013 Moms

I feel a hard "lump" in my uterus...is that what I think it is?!

This may sound stupid, but I am about 10 weeks along and I have actually lost about 5-6 pounds since I got pregnant due to better diet. Just today I noticed the jeans that I wear all the time were cutting into an uncomfortable spot to the right and a couple inches below my belly button. It was uncomfortable, but not painful. I started feeling around and though my fat roll (LOL) and I feel a hard ball- maybe the size of a golf ball. Is that my uterus/the baby?  Is that normal at this stage?  Thanks for any advice! 

Re: I feel a hard "lump" in my uterus...is that what I think it is?!

• Maybe... but remember that your uterus is behind your pubic bone and bladder.  Yours might have popped already though. 
    Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • How do you know when it has popped up? 
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemegemoney:
    Maybe... but remember that your uterus is behind your pubic bone and bladder.  Yours might have popped already though. 

This. I can push on my stomach right above my pubic bone and can definitely tell its harder, but I don't think its baby quite yet. Who knows though, everyone is different!

imageView Full Size Image

• imagemouse10031978:
    How do you know when it has popped up? 

I don't think that there is a certain date or an easy way to tell.  I think it is one of those things where everyone has a different experience.  You won't start to show (baby anyway) until it has popped up. 

+#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
  • Mine popped up early from behind my pubic bone, but it feels pretty far back and down, like a grapefruit that I can only feel the very top portion of. That's probably of no help to you, ha. My midwife showed me how to feel for mine.

But if it's never been there before and it's right above your pubic bone, it probably is a wee bit of your uterus that you're feeling:) In my completely unprofessional opinion.

• Can you almost wrap your fingers around it?  Like grab it and lift it up or are you just feeling it?  I think if you can move it around that it's not your uterus and the baby.  I'd maybe call a nurse hotline and see what they think it may be.  I could be a large cyst or something because I don't think the baby is quite that large yet, but I could be wrong.  I'm 10 weeks, too, and those fruit things say Prune, but I honestly don't know what a non-shriveled prune looks like.  :)

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Yeah they say a prune or a kumquat.  When I googled a kumquat it looked like it might be about this size.  I didn't try to move it around, but if I press into my mid-right side belly I can feel a hard spot.  I can only feel it when my pants press against it when I bend over to pick something up, etc. 
  • imageJCWhitey:
    Can you almost wrap your fingers around it?  Like grab it and lift it up or are you just feeling it?  I think if you can move it around that it's not your uterus and the baby.  I'd maybe call a nurse hotline and see what they think it may be.  I could be a large cyst or something because I don't think the baby is quite that large yet, but I could be wrong.  I'm 10 weeks, too, and those fruit things say Prune, but I honestly don't know what a non-shriveled prune looks like.  :)

10 weeks, the baby is about 1.5 inches.  So I agree that if the hard part is about the size of a golf ball, it's likely something else.  

I know from all of my u/ss so far, that I have a few cysts (mostly corpus luetum, but still).  I wonder if I can feel mine.  I don't try.  

• imagemegemoney:

imageJCWhitey:
    Can you almost wrap your fingers around it?  Like grab it and lift it up or are you just feeling it?  I think if you can move it around that it's not your uterus and the baby.  I'd maybe call a nurse hotline and see what they think it may be.  I could be a large cyst or something because I don't think the baby is quite that large yet, but I could be wrong.  I'm 10 weeks, too, and those fruit things say Prune, but I honestly don't know what a non-shriveled prune looks like.  :)

10 weeks, the baby is about 1.5 inches.  So I agree that if the hard part is about the size of a golf ball, it's likely something else.  

I know from all of my u/ss so far, that I have a few cysts (mostly corpus luetum, but still).  I wonder if I can feel mine.  I don't try.  

I can feel the cysts in my right ovary.  It's HUGE though!  It used to be that when I was ovulating and about to get my period I could lie down flat on a bed and could actually see it poking out and feel it.  It was really gross.  Then my early-20s metabolism went away and I gained enough weight that you can't do that anymore.  

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• your uterus is going to be bigger than the baby--at 10 weeks the uterus itself is the size of a grapefruit while the baby is the size of a prune or kumquat (whatever that is).
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • It could be food/waste in your intestines too...check in a few days again to see if it's still there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• I'm almost 11 weeks and I can definitely already feel my uterus, but this is my second pregnancy. I agree with pp though that your uterus would be bigger than what you're feeling. If it doesn't hurt I would bring it up at your next appointment.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"