Babies: 0 - 3 Months

First date night

I am due any day now. With my complete pregnancy brain, DH and I bought tickets to a musical when LO will be 3-5 weeks old. Is it crazy to leave baby for 4-5 hours at this age? My mom already agreed to watch LO, but I'm nervous about when to start offering a bottle (of pumped milk) so that my mom can fill in for that feeding. What would you do?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: First date night

• I think the general recommendation is don't offer a bottle before 4 weeks of age if you're BFing.

Absolutely not crazy to leave LO in capable hands for a few hours at 3-5 weeks of age. He/she won't even know you're gone. :P

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had to supliment With formula in the NICU.  I was also trying to BF.  Baby never had a problem with "nipples confusion."   I would practice a few times with a bottle.  You will have a harder time leaving LO than baby will.  She will never know you're gone.
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with the other ladies. My little guy never had nipple confusion. So, i would try it slowly. As for leaving the baby..it certainly is not an issue. As long as you know LO is in good hands. DH and I had our first date night when our little guy was about 4 weeks. My mom was so excited to watch him. At this point she tries to make up excuses for us to get out of the house just so she can spend some time with him. Haha. There's nothing wrong with that! GL

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 46808 845377924360 2036704678 n

WIMG950372 1

• You should be fine unless you're like me and can't stand the thought of leaving your LO so soon or your like my DS who screams bloody murder when offered a bottle. I guess you'll have to wait and see. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"