March 2012 Moms

XP: For those with play yards (fenced kind; not PNPs)

We have the North States Superyard play yard set up for our 9 month old as a way to allow him to play freely and safely away from our dog (dog is sweet; just doesn't get DS doesn't want to "play" the way she does). DS has recently started pulling to a stand - yay! - but that has now translated to trying to climb out of the play yard - boo!  As of now, he has not figured out how to put his feet into the little holes to really "climb" but he grabs on to the top and pulls as hard as he can (like he's trying to do a pull up). Does this mean it's time to get rid of the play yard? I worry that he will try to do the same thing with baby gates, but those are inevitable. We have to have those. We don't HAVE to have this play yard.

Anyone experience something similiar with their LO? If so, what did you do about it?

TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP: For those with play yards (fenced kind; not PNPs)

• I believe we have the same play yard, and use it for the same reason. DS hasn't tried to climb out yet, but uses it to pull himself up. We have a problem with him shaking it - it's nailed to two walls, so it's not coming off now, but he is shaking it so well, I'm a little concerned about him eventually pulling it out of the wall when he's bigger. He does hold on to the top of the horizontal bar, but I don't think he has enough upper body strength to volly himself over it. I think it's all about exploring, although with the baby gates, I worry a bit more because our gate is at the top of the stairs - don't want that falling down! I would just redirect him if he starts being more successful with climbing. 
    Lachlan
    born March 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"