Success after IF
Options

intro and dilemma

Hi,

I posted on the IF board and PAIF board while pregnant with my twins.  They're just starting to take nice long naps (at the same time), so I'm finally getting some time back to myself.  It's so great to see every one's babies!

I've been lurking and seeing all the posts about ttc again, and it got me thinking.  DH and I are relatively young and our dx was unexplained.  I really don't want three under two, and the twins are still a ton of work, but I can't shake this anxiety about a "next baby".  DH and I always wanted three or four, but ideally we'd have another baby when the twins are around three.  I guess I'm torn because I really really don't want another baby right now, but I'm afraid that our best chance to get pregnant on our own is sooner rather than later.  Also, it seems stupid to waste money on condoms, but not preventing always makes me sad when my period comes.  Then some times with the boys are so hard I feel like I couldn't handle another baby.  Also, I really miss being pregnant and I'd love to have a more "normal" delivery experience, but then I know the best chance for a VBAC is if I wait longer.  I guess it's a bit "d*mned if you do, d*mned if you don't" situation.  We certainly can't afford another cycle of IVF right now, so that's at least off the table.   

ttc since 02/10 first RE visit 01/11 Clomid + TI 03/11, 04/11, 05/11 IUI 06/11, 07/11 IVF #1 - BFN :( FET - 11/11 beta 11/21/11 BFP!!! :). Beta 1 - 319, Beta 2 - 921 1st ultrasound 12/1 TWINS!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: intro and dilemma

• Options
    Congrats and welcome. I struggled with the same thing. We started trying on our own when DS was one. Then after three months went to an RE. This is my 3rd cycle with meds and I still struggle if Im ready for another one or if I should have started earlier. Either way its scary and quite the dilema.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome! TTC again is such a hard decision. GL making it.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats welcome! TTC is a personal choice. DH and I waited then it took 4 years to get pregnant. My DD is only 13 days old and I am already worried about having another. My OB insists that we wait at least 6 months. Ugh! GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Welcome & congrat's on your LO's :) like pp's said it is a personal choice, you can see what I did from my siggy.  I feel like time is not on my side so I try not to waste it.  Given what has transpired over the last 6 month's I am glad I didn't wait any longer.  GL with your decision. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations and welcome! IMO, if you don't really want another baby right now then you don't need to worry about trying right now. Enjoy your twins!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options
    Congrats on your twins! IF is so painful and trying. GL when you decide to try again :)
    imageBabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome!  Dragonfly, you have a really good point.  DH definitely wants to wait to try again, so it's off the table for now.  I think part of it, too, is that getting pregnant was pretty much the main focus of my life for almost two years (which I know isn't that long in IF land), but it's weird to let go of that, if that makes sense. 
    ttc since 02/10 first RE visit 01/11 Clomid + TI 03/11, 04/11, 05/11 IUI 06/11, 07/11 IVF #1 - BFN :( FET - 11/11 beta 11/21/11 BFP!!! :). Beta 1 - 319, Beta 2 - 921 1st ultrasound 12/1 TWINS!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"