Working Moms
Options

Switching to daycare, when to tell Nanny

We are planning to switch LO to daycare early 2013. We've found a few we like, one in particular we are very excited about, and plan to have one picked in the next week or two after visiting them.

We really like our nanny, and would actually like to keep her as a backup or date night type sitter if she's available/interested. We just feel it's time for LO to start getting more peer interaction. He loves other kids and seems sort of bored at home.

When would you tell the nanny? H thinks we should wait until we're ready to give the 2 weeks notice per our contract. I thought about mentioning it sooner just to not blindside her. FWIW she works p/t and has another job that isn't childcare. 

imageimage

Re: Switching to daycare, when to tell Nanny

• Options
    I'm sure she would appreciate as much advance notice as possible. There is the chance that she'll find another job before you are ready to let her go, however.  But this affects her life as well so if you can manage an earlier entry to daycare then I would consider her circumstances as well and let her know asap.
  • Options

I would tell her as soon as possible, so she has more time to try to line up another nanny position, or another part time job.  If you've been happy with her services, it's the nice thing to do regardless of what your contract says.  If you were getting a new nanny, two weeks notice is sufficient but this situation is different.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks ladies - my gut was saying tell her so I will mention it next week when she's back from vacation. I know it's ridiculous, but I feel really bad because it's right after the holidays lol.

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"