Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

2 weeks post D & C and still bleeding.

Has anyone experienced this?  I was supposed to have my 2 week post op visit yesterday, but it got rescheduled for next week.  I talked to the nurse at the Dr's office and explained that I am still having bright red medium flow with no clots and a pad change 3-4 times a day. There is really no cramping and no weird odor. She said it sounds like it is normal and a light to medium bleed can go on for 4 weeks post D&C. Blah! I'm sick of this and would like to move on from this nightmare that has stretched from Thanksgiving through Christmas and onto the New Year.

Married September 17, 2011.
Me 38, PCOS
H 43, SA normal.
TTC #1 since November 2011.
HSG - both tubes clear.
Metformin+ Clomid + Prometrium (Ob/Gyn)
January 2012- Chemical Pregnancy
June 2012- BFP- Ectopic (5 weeks), Methotrexate
November 2012- BFP- Miscarriage (5 weeks),D&C(12/14/12)

December 17, 2012 first apt with RE
Metformin + Folgard+ Clomid+ Bravelle + TI +Prometrium (RE)
March 2013- 2 follicles- BFN
April 2013- 2 follicles- BFN

Oct 2013, IVF #1- fresh cycle cancelled due to increased progesterone
ER 11/7/2013- 20 retrieved, 19 mature, 14 fertilized naturally, 3 blasts frozen
FET #1- 12/6/13, 2 blasts xfered- BFN

FET #2- Cancelled while sitting in the waiting room... blast didn't survive thaw

Re: 2 weeks post D & C and still bleeding.

• I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I am glad you posted because I was looking for an answer to a similar question. I had mine just over

a week a go and have been cramping slightly but spotting/bleeding ever since. I too am just ready for the physical symptoms to be over that I can move on.  Best to you and hope you're back to your old self again soon. You'll be in my thoughts.

• Of course everyone is different...but after my D&C I bled for about two weeks. Then it seemed to stop, I had my post-op appointment where an exam was done, and the next day I started bleeding again, which lasted for about another week. It stopped (maybe this is just a coincidence) after I had intercourse. It was bright red the entire time. About two weeks after that, I got my period. For me, it was five weeks between the D&C and my next period.
    Kinda Regards, Erica
  • Loading the player...
  • I am 3 weeks post op and am stil having light bleeding. 
  • I had my post op follow up at 3 weeks and I had just stopped bleeding like 2 days prior to it. I hope it stops soon, it is a relief when it finally does. Hang in there
  • Thanks for the responses!  I kept on reading people bleeding for only days and I was getting nervous.  

Married September 17, 2011.
    Me 38, PCOS
    H 43, SA normal.
    TTC #1 since November 2011.
    HSG - both tubes clear.
    Metformin+ Clomid + Prometrium (Ob/Gyn)
    January 2012- Chemical Pregnancy
    June 2012- BFP- Ectopic (5 weeks), Methotrexate
    November 2012- BFP- Miscarriage (5 weeks),D&C(12/14/12)

December 17, 2012 first apt with RE
    Metformin + Folgard+ Clomid+ Bravelle + TI +Prometrium (RE)
    March 2013- 2 follicles- BFN
    April 2013- 2 follicles- BFN

Oct 2013, IVF #1- fresh cycle cancelled due to increased progesterone
    ER 11/7/2013- 20 retrieved, 19 mature, 14 fertilized naturally, 3 blasts frozen
    FET #1- 12/6/13, 2 blasts xfered- BFN

FET #2- Cancelled while sitting in the waiting room... blast didn't survive thaw

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"