September 2011 Moms

Could it be...sleep has come...

We took advantage of a week of vacation to try one nap since N's were getting later, shorter or skipped.  Slowly moved her 10:00 am nap to 11:30 over the course of a few days and didn't offer the second nap.  She was already doing 5 hours of wake time do to her early risings.  Her nap is a bit short at an hour or hour and a half (I guess 2 is ideal) but her night sleep has gone from 10 hours to 11-12 and I'm soooooo glad that I'll take a slightly shorter nap to get 6am wake ups.  We're doing early bedtime 6 or 6:30 based on nap length and it seems to be OK.

I do miss the two breaks in the day but now we can join a playgroup and take music class so I'm crossing fingers this keeps working. 

Re: Could it be...sleep has come...

• Don't worry you'll get used to the one nap. I did eventualy and got a longer nap [almost 3 hours] right after lunch. He goes to bed the latest at 9:30 and wakes up 8 or 8:30 sometimes a little bit later. I love the long nap cuz I can do something amd maybe take a nap myself if I can. GL!!!

• I have been going back and forth with 1 or 2 naps a day. If we have a playgroup, she pushes through till noon and that one nap is usually three hrs long. If we do two naps, they are 1.5 hrs long.

I'm pushing for one nap now but it's going to take time; she'll adjust when she's totally ready. Hopefully soon. I like one nap!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • That's fantastic! I'm glad she's sleeping a bit later for you. Enjoy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sounds like progress! I love 1 nap. Were working on going to sleep by himself since we night weaned a couple weeks ago and tonight was the first night he didn't cry at all when I put him in his crib, he fell asleep in 3 minutes. FX it continues!
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"