C-sections

hair issue...shave, wax or ignore

Had a c-section 8 months ago, I noticed the other day the hair is starting to grow close to my scar line, when I maintain I normally just shave along my legs, I'm not a big shaver, I've had some nasty in-growns (one even abscessed right after LO's birth so I am extra nervous them now). So of course I am now paranoid that a hair is going to get on my scar line and abscess.

What are yall doing?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: hair issue...shave, wax or ignore

• I have always been and continue to be a waxer.  Shaving really, really irritates my skin. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I shave.  I had an ingrown hair about 3 months after DD and I thought I would die.  I understand your nervousness!

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • Wax!  I was able to wax all the way through my pregnancy and then waxed about six weeks after my c section.  There is some gel that the salon can put on/around your scar if you're nervous the first time you get waxed after the c section to help.  I had that gel used but didn't need it - it didn't hurt around the scar and didn't use it the next time.   Use Tendskin for the in-growns...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How high is your incision? Mine is waaay under my panty line. I leave it. I usually only shave/wax by legs too. Let it grow, girl!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • this.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"