Babies: 9 - 12 Months

baby kissing

Hi everyone,

When did you  LO start giving kisses?  This is s silly question but I realized today I have mainly been kissing his cheeks since his mouth is always sortodopen.  What about waving? Mine still doesn't wave, he just turned 10 months but I just started showing him, he doesn't seem too interested in it.  Would love to hear what others have to say about this :)

Re: baby kissing

• DD started giving kisses when she was around 7 and a half months.  She is 9 months now.  I've always kissed her cheeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ds has been giving kisses since around 9 months. I can't resist those big sloppy kisses. I kiss Ds on the mouth. He's so proud of himself when he gives them, I can't say no and give him the cheek.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemabenner1:
    Ds has been giving kisses since around 9 months. I can't resist those big sloppy kisses. I kiss Ds on the mouth. He's so proud of himself when he gives them, I can't say no and give him the cheek.

This... I love it!! He will also grab my cheeks and slop one on me *heart melt*  He waves when he wants.. show him over and over. DS when he was learning did it a few times but I noticed he waved at his fan while going to sleep and waking up (via video monitor) Eh, he will get it sooner or later.

• imagemabenner1:
    Ds has been giving kisses since around 9 months. I can't resist those big sloppy kisses. I kiss Ds on the mouth. He's so proud of himself when he gives them, I can't say no and give him the cheek.

This... I love it!! He will also grab my cheeks and slop one on me *heart melt*  He waves when he wants.. show him over and over. DS when he was learning did it a few times but I noticed he waved at his fan while going to sleep and waking up (via video monitor) Eh, he will get it sooner or later.

• We don't have any kisses yet, but every now and then he'll hold his fist out to me and I kiss it.  Then he keeps putting his fist out and giggling every time I kiss it.  The other day I leaned in to give him a kiss and he opened his mouth wide open...don't know if that was his "kiss" or not?  We do get waves, but not every time.  

Anniversary

• DS used to open his mouth really wide and put it on my face. I guess this was a kiss? It was really cute and now that I think about it, he has stopped doing it. Maybe because he started biting when doing it and we really discouraged it (he has 6 very sharp teeth). He is more into giving hugs. He reaches his arms up and wraps them around my neck.

He waves ALL THE TIME now and will start waving if I say HI or Bye Bye. But, he just started that at about 10 1/2 or 11 months.

He picked up his brush today and started brushing my hair. It was kind of backwards, but it was the thought that counted. So sweet:) 

• I always kiss my babies on the mouth. I know lots of people don't, but I don't see the big deal.

I aim for their lips with my closed mouth, and sometimes I get their top lip, bottom lip, or their open mouth and get slobbered on. 

So with that background of my girls frequently being shown lip kissing, DD2 started kissing me about a month ago (9 1/2mths or so) Not sure if she's done it to anyone else because I'm the only one who kisses her lips.

She hasn't learnt to do it with her mouth closed, and basically lunges at me with her mouth open. From memory it took DD1 quite a while to learn to kiss with her mouth closed regardless of whether she was kissing my lips or cheek. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• DS loves to give kisses! They are usually open-mouthed and really slobbery, and he aims for my nose, but it's so sweet :)

I've gotten him to wave a few times, but not often. This morning I said "Let's go say bye-bye to dad" and he started waving before we got to the room where DH was. So he connected on his own that bye-bye = waving. It was sweet! 

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• My DD has been kissing and waving for about 2 weeks now. It was pretty awesome because she started doing both when my mom came up to see us.
    DD's waves started out by her using both hands. Now she is mastering just using one hand. If I say tell them bye she will wave. If I say to tell them hi she won't wave. So even if when we get somewhere I have to tell her to wave bye, to get her to wave hi?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Rowan started kissing at about 6.5 months, but she still does it very open mouthed. And only on her time, she won't kiss when you want her to, but she'll have moments that are just total kiss attacks where she just lunges and slobbers all over. 

It's AWESOME.

She started waving, intentionally and at the right time, about three weeks ago or so.

She's always been a little ahead on communications, but she didn't start really crawling until last week, so yeah, behind in others. She's still not effectively pulling herself up to standing. Eventually, it all evens out.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD has been giving kisses for about two months, but just started doing it when I say 'give a kiss' - before it was just whenever she wanted. They are open mouth, wet, slobbery and adorable! When she sees herself in the mirror she always leans over to kiss herself, which is the cutest thing I have ever seen! She has been waving for probably two weeks, both hi and bye. I am not entirely sure she knows what it means quite yet but she copies us when we do it and occasionally will do it when we say 'wave hi'. It is kind if uncoordinated and she twists her hand around front to back while she does it so it looks like the queen wave. I can't get enough of it!
    Due 3.27.14 (lame because I cannot figure out how to save a fun ticker.....)
  • DD is 9 1/2 months and she stopped giving me kisses :(  When she was about 5 months, she would eat my face.  And then at about 7 months if I asked for a kiss she would lunge at my face with her mouth open.  But she doesn't do either anymore.  But she has been waving ever since I can remember; maybe since she was 4 months.  She waves at everything.  It has transitioned from up and down to side to side.  And her new thing is "high-five".  I think they all have their own little schedule and things come and go.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"