March 2012 Moms

Sleep regression???

DD is usually a pretty good sleeper.  STTN since about 3 moths or so.  That being said, for the last couple weeks she has been waking at night more then usual.  We used to just pat her on the back when she stirred and would go back to sleep.  Now we have to rock her or sometimes after no luck bring her to bed with us and she sleeps on our chest.  The sleeping with us is only the last resort if nothing else works. I spoke with the doctor at her 9 month check up and she checked her ears and there was no infection but didn't really say much after that.  So I am wondering if anyone else is going through this and for so long?! It's exhausting for both my husband and I.  He says we should just let her cry it out but when she is sobbing uncontrollably at 1am its hard to just let her cry.  

I keep thinking it's just a phase, and really hoping so, since she is usually a good sleeper.   She also has had the sniffles that last few days so I am sure that just added to her restlessness.

Any words of wisdom or encouragement would be great!!  Thanks all! 

BFP 1/18/11 - LAP discovered ectopic and had removal of right tube 2/11/11 * BFP 6/2/11-CP 6/3/11 * BFP 7/1/11 - EDD March 11,2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Sleep regression???

• Us too but I think its just a phase. He has a double ear infection and was sick with a cold two weeks ago so that usually will cause him to regress with sleep since we are giving him tylenol in the middle of the night. But last night we let him cry it out and he did fine. He only woke up once at 4 am and cried until we put his blanket back on him and he was out like a light. So who knows. I also think between teething, learning to stand/walk it's just a ton of changes.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• How long before he went back to sleep after CIO?  I know every baby is different but I feel like when she is hysterical crying it's hard for her to calm herself enough to even try and fall asleep so of course I go in there to calm her down.  She will fall right asleep after that.

Maybe a silly questions but is there a cut off point when CIO that you go in and say enough is enough and just pick them up to calm them? 

BFP 1/18/11 - LAP discovered ectopic and had removal of right tube 2/11/11 * BFP 6/2/11-CP 6/3/11 * BFP 7/1/11 - EDD March 11,2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Before when we did CIO it took around 4 mins max. Last night was bad he basically cried - then just fussed on and off for 20 mins. Honestly I think last night was our fault. I wanted him to find his own pacifier and I think really he just wanted his blanket back on him. So I felt bad after that because I am 100% sure that is what it was now. I just have to send my husband in because if I go in he will freak out.

I know everyone feels completely different when it comes to crying it out. My parents and friends always say...crying never hurt anyone and even if it took one bad night of 45 minutes of crying that it always got shorter and better after that first night. Granted I haven't done 45 mins so I can't imagine but last night was felt like eternity. It's really up to you. If you calm him down I think what others have done is each time you go in there...if you wait 10 mins before going in...next time wait 15 mins..etc etc that way eventually he won?t need you. That is what I was told. I know our son he can't be picked up. If picked up it's all over..he flips out and then getting him to sleep after will be a nightmare. But like you said every baby is different! You have to do what you feel is right

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Yup. Same exact thing and it's killing us. Even as a newborn, he slept 4 hour stretches and for the last week or so, it's been erratically up and down all night, requiring, like you said, picking up and soothing. Last night he made a little noise but otherwise slept all night and slept in until 8 so I hope this trend continues. 

I read there's a significant sleep regression at 9 months and, for us, he's been sick and he popped two new teeth so I think is just been a trifecta of issues causing this over here. I just hope it passes soon. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Oh, and I forgot to mention, in the last week and a half, he learned to crawl, pull to a stand, cruise and stand independently. Yesterday he tried to take a step. All that activity has to have his brain on overdrive!

• Thanks everyone!  While CIO sometimes seems like the thing to do just cause we are so tired but I am not really on board with it. My husband on the other hand is so it's been tough. She has been had some milestones, pulling herself up and cruising so like PP said maybe she can't turn her mind off.  Whatever I am hoping it does not last much longer! 
  • imagecburke81xo:
    Thanks everyone! nbsp;While CIO sometimes seems like the thing to do just cause we are so tired but I am not really on board with it. My husband on the other hand is so it's been tough. She has been had some milestones, pulling herself up and cruising so like PP said maybe she can't turn her mind off. nbsp;Whatever I am hoping it does not last much longer!nbsp;

What I've read is that whatever method you chose the key is consistency. So if your husband wants to do CIO and you don't I think he should do it. Because if you don't really want to do it you won't follow through on it and then all that crying is pointless. But honestly I think you should follow your instincts which are telling you she needs to be soothed. I think if she was a good sleeper before she probably will be again soon. Good luck!
  • No words of wisdom to share other than what all the pps have suggested, but wanted to jump in to say we're also in the same boat.  It started right at the 9 month mark and the past two weeks have been the roughest sleep wise for him - and us - since we brought him home from the hospital.  We're hoping we're on the road back to good night sleeps because he's had a couple nights recently when he's slept through the night like normal.  Unfortunately, we can't figure out what happened during the day to make those nights better than the others (e.g., was it naps, how much he ate, how much he played, etc.) . But, if we're not, we're prepared to implement CIO.  Picking him up doesn't help because as soon as we rock him back to sleep and put him back down in his crib (which we recently had to lower all the way since he just started pulling to a stand) if he is slightly jostled, he's awake all over again.  Brutal!  I'm just saying to myself over and over - "this too shall pass!"  Hang in there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"