Parenting after a Loss

Nursing covers?

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

Quickie question, Bebe au Lait or Hooter Hider?  It seems like the differences are minor but I'm not sure which is better...  We just used a big swaddle cloth to cover up with DD, but I'm thinking of using a cover the next time around.

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Nursing covers?

• I had a bebe au lait that I liked.  Honestly though, half the time an A&A blanket would work just as well.  After around 5 months I ended up nursing in more secluded areas (like the car, a side room if we weren't at home) since I'm pretty modest and DS didn't like being under anything...wanted to see what was going on.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• imageJunebug060609:
    I had a bebe au lait that I liked.  Honestly though, half the time an A&A blanket would work just as well.  After around 5 months I ended up nursing in more secluded areas (like the car, a side room if we weren't at home) since I'm pretty modest and DS didn't like being under anything...wanted to see what was going on.

The A&A blanket is what I used too, and did the same thing re: nursing in car, etc.  I am not sure if I'll need a cover, but wanted to consider it.  I saw a friend using one the other day and made me wonder...  Thanks for the feedback!

• Loading the player...
  • Ugh, I wish they worked for us.  I have one but I don't know the brand.  I think they are all very similar.  DD wanted nothing to do with a cover.  I usually just went somewhere private to nurse her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Um and CONGRATS!!!!

• imageluvmyducks:
    Um and CONGRATS!!!!

Thank you!!!!  It's so new, haven't even had betas done yet! :) 

• imageluvmyducks:
    Um and CONGRATS!!!!

This!!!!! Congrats to you :)

Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

My blog about raising 2U2!
  • imagemissbea3:

imageluvmyducks:
    Um and CONGRATS!!!!

Thank you! :)

• imagemissbea3:

imageluvmyducks:
    Um and CONGRATS!!!!

And I just saw your siggy - congratulations to you as well!!!!

• Congrats!!

I had my grandma sew me a nursing cover b/c I didn't want to spend the money on one.  They have templates online if you or anyone you know sews.  It's been working well, though I don't use it too terribly much.  I'd rather just leave the room or go somewhere secluded since he's such a fast nurser now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I just got a Bebe au Lait and I'm glad I finally caved and got a cover. DD is CRAZY DISTRACTED when she eats lately, and the world does not need to see my nips. So far, I really like it.

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I saw a mom at the Children's Museum using one of these and I thought it looked so cool that I asked her about it. She said she loves it! Totally different than any other nursing cover out there. I think it would be great once LO is big enough to squirm out from under one of the more traditional covers.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/99767058/classy-pink-and-white-damask-boob-toob 

• imageCabbageCabbage:
    swaddle blanket or nothing. Save the . The covers are so glaring and weird.

I would agree. It's like a huge flag: "yoohoo! I have a toy put and I'm feeding a child! Look at my huge big loud print nursing cover!"
    I actually find myself staring more when someone wears a cover.

For myself, I wear a nursing tank, then a regular shirt over it. Lift up the shirt, unhook the tank and voila! The only part showing is the actual nip, which gets covered up by a kid pretty quickly, assuming you have a side view and are totally paying attention.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"