March 2013 Moms

New Year's Eve

What's everyone doing for New Year's Eve? My husband and I are trying to make plans but have no idea what to do. All of our good friends are out of town or already planning on going to other parties. We really don't want to do the whole bar thing since I can't drink anyway. We were thinking of going out to a nice dinner or maybe hanging out with my parents. But it may be nice to just hang out at home just the two of us, since this will be our last year just the two of us. What are you all doing??

Re: New Year's Eve

• There have been many years in the past where DH and I didn't have major plans for NYE. We tend to do something different every year depending on where we are for the holidays etc. I'm excited about this year though. My stepkids have been living with us for the last 5 months so we weren't really sure what we were going to do for NYE. In the past, when they've been with us for the holidays, we've had a quiet night in with them for NYE. But this year some good friends of ours have invited us over for a family party. They have three daughters and have invited a few other couples over who have kids as well (along with friends of theirs who are coming from out of town). So the adults are going to have drinks, good eats, and play games while the kids have their own pint-sized version of the fun we'll be having. I've concocted a virgin paralyzer drink to enjoy so that I don't feel like I'm missing out too much. :)

While it might be nice to hang out at home as just the two of you...maybe it would be nice to get out one more time before the baby is here? Maybe you could do a nice dinner out and then ring in the new year with your parents in a way that is different than your usual plans. Maybe play some board games or make it a priority to watch the ball drop etc. Buy some noise makers and hats and make your own little party?

Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • We are helping my sister and bil evict the squatters from their house in Chicago, doing small repairs and painting, and then going out for dinner.  We'll probably be asleep by 10!
  • Loading the player...
  • We are staying in.  We were busy for Christmas and it knocked me out.  We decided we wanted to take it easy for New Year's.

We are going to shop at Wegmans and make a yummy dinner.  Then we are going to watch movies and play a game.  I hope to stay up till midnight! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• We are actually heading to Vermont for a little romantic get away! I'm really excited! We'll go out to dinner then cruise around Burlington. I probably won't last much past midnight, but a little change of scenery will be awesome, plus they just goy a bunch of snow, so it should be beautiful!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We're having dinner with friends.  We'll probably be back at our house to ring in the new year by ourselves, though.  As you said, it'll be the last time it's just the two of us...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic View Full Size Image
    BFP#1 11/12/11 ~ No heartbeat 12/12/11 ~ D&C 12/19/11
    BFP#2 3/25/12 ~ Heartbeat 141 4/16/12 ~ No heartbeat 4/25/12 ~ D&C 04/30/12 
    BFP#3 7/16/12 ~ EDD 3/26/13 ~ It's a BOY ~ DOB 2/26/13

• All sounds fun! :) Think we decided on a nice dinner and then heading to my parents to ring in the new year. We will most likely just hang out and play poker or some other board game. Excited for a quiet and fun night :)
  • We always go to Central Park (New York City) to see the fireworks and the crazy people doing the 5K at midnight! It's always great fun, so try it if you live in the NYC area.
  • Staying home, eating junk food & watching Twilight Zone marathon on SyFy.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageBliss+Berry:
    My H is a police officer and he has to work. It's normally his day off, but they are short staffed and now he is forced to work since the city he works for has a pretty busy nightlife anyhow and NYE gets pretty crazy.  Our friends are having a little get together so I'll probably head over there and hang out for a while and then hit the couch with a movie.  At least I know I won't feel like crap the next day!

My DH is a police officer too! He's also supposed to be off on NYE, but he's working overtime that entire day. I feel really bad that he won't get any days off this week, but at least we got to spend Christmas together (for the first time ever). Plus he's going to make some pretty amazing overtime, which will help with all the baby costs.  

Luckily, I already knew that he would probably get called for overtime, so I made alternative plans. So, I'm going down to visit my parents for dinner and fireworks in Philadelphia. Then on New Year's Day I'm going to a family party, followed by a visit with some friends who might have some baby hand-me-downs for me. I'm pretty excited about it, should be lots of fun, even if I won't get a New Year's kiss from DH.

BabyFruit Ticker Follow my baby story at: http://www.nycitified.blogspot.com/
  • We are having dinner with DH's fam, his aunt is the best cook and we are having lobster! Yumm :) Then we will go to our friend's house for games...they will be drinking, and I will have my martinelli's! They live 2 doors down so if I can't last til midnight, I'll just walk home :)
    Our little angels went to Heaven very early: 1/2012, 2/2012, 3/2012. "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord". BFP 7/12/12- EDD March 26,2013 BabyName Ticker
  • My H is working the evening shift so I will be making my favorite dips and dressing up. Then I will be having bad movie night. My friend said she and her baby might join me since her H is out of town for work!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"