December 2010 Moms

Christmas Dinner Ideas

Now that you all have had your Christmas dinner, what did you have for a side dish? We are doing DH's side Christmas on Sunday and I'm supposed to bring a side dish for the ham/shrimp/keilbasa and I'm lost...I prefer to be the dessert person :) Anyone have any (not complicated) ideas?
BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Christmas Dinner Ideas

• Slice potatoes up and put them in a 9x13 pan. Salt and pepper them. Add 8oz whipping heavy cream and 2 cups of shredded cheese on top with a dash of Parmesan bake at 425 for an hour

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • Baked Macaroni. Always a crowed pleaser
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I made crockpot sweet potatoes for my family side dish today. It was delicious and every last bite was eaten :) Let me know if you want the recipe I use! Super SUPER easy, too. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We made these sweet potatoes and they were like candy. THey were AMAZING!

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/soul-sweet-taters-recipe/index.html

photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • I did an Au Gratin Potatoe similar to a previous post, and also steamed green beans then sauteed in olive oil garlic onion and bacon bits. 
    imageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary
  • What about pierogies since your having kielbasa?
  • imagejarebearsmom:
    Slice potatoes up and put them in a 9x13 pan. Salt and pepper them. Add 8oz whipping heavy cream and 2 cups of shredded cheese on top with a dash of Parmesan bake at 425 for an hour

This is AMAZING! Add garlic-spice or herb and you have my absolute favourite side dish :D

<3 Cathrine 24 from Norway - Mommy and Married <3

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath Graduation tickers
  • I didn't cook this year, my church did and I just heated it all up (best idea ever), but we had sweet potatoes.  They're always super yummy so I'm in that camp.  Besides, it means there will be a veggie at the gathering that I know C will eat.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I made mushrooms.

Get 1/2 cup olive oil - add a tbsp minced garlic, a dash of thyme, and salt and pepper.

Arrange the mushrooms on a broiler - brush with about 1/2 the herbed oil and broil for about 8 minutes.  Flip the mushrooms, brush again and broil for another 5-10 minutes.

Easy peasy.

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Thanks everyone. Even though I'm not a big fan, I'm kind of leaning towards the sweet potatoes....I appreciate the help!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I know I am a little late to the party, but I made pineapple casserole (goes great with ham) and my family loves it. Also, I made au gratin potatoes for the 1st time and every ounce of it was gone by the end of dinner. Let me know if you would like either recipe.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"