Babies: 9 - 12 Months

c diff

So DS was just diagnosed with c diff after a very long 2 weeks. Does anyone have any experience with this awful infection?

Re: c diff

• No I don't but I want to say that I am sorry your LO is sick. I hope all is well soon.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Poor baby =(

I don't experience with a LO with c diff, but I'm a nurse so I see plenty plenty of it. Get some barrier cream to put on his bottom to keep it from getting raw, and wash wash wash everything to keep it from spreading. 

I would also ask the doctor about probiotics, either in the form of a probiotic drink or supplement, or lots of yogurt. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagehonkytonk_kid:

Poor baby =(

I don't experience with a LO with c diff, but I'm a nurse so I see plenty plenty of it. Get some barrier cream to put on his bottom to keep it from getting raw, and wash wash wash everything to keep it from spreading. 

I would also ask the doctor about probiotics, either in the form of a probiotic drink or supplement, or lots of yogurt. 

Yes  All of this, except I'm a hospital pharmacist not a nurse!  Hope your LO gets to feeling better soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone! LO is feeling great, now that we are on day 3 of the medicine and the diaper changes aren't as frequent. We just stayed put for Christmas no interaction with any family, there are just too many babies to put at risk!

Hopefully everything will return back to normal soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"