March 2012 Moms
Options

Quick SIL vent

DH's family is coming over for Christmas today. SIL and MIL are making appetizers. BIL called DH and said that SIL is making a pesto with cashews in it. Well, DH is highly [like visit to the ER] allergic to cashews. BIL called to make sure DH could be in the same room as the pesto. DH never wants to put anyone out so he told them not to worry.
I, on the other hand, am like..."Of all the appetizers in all the world, you couldn't have made one without cashews?" I'm concerned about the nut oils getting on things. I'm not going to eat any so I can still kiss DH without issue. I made DH get Benadryl just in case. She's been married to BIL for 3.5 years so she knows about DH's nut allergy because they tell the story of the Christmas they found out about the allergy every Christmas.
Why would anyone think it is ok to bring cashews into my house knowing DH is highly allergic???

Re: Quick SIL vent

• Options
    That is so inconsiderate! Why would anyone make something that not everyone can enjoy which is the point and some people would avoid like the plague?! I would not be happy either!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Oh my goodness! That is pretty darn terrible. Plus, what if you little one has an allergy. I think I would call like PP said and indicate the dish is not welcome.

What a booger-head she must be! Good luck with the holidays! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My husband is also allergic to nuts. 

Unfortunately my family consistently forgets this almost every family meal so he is used to having to not participate in certain dishes. It's annoying, even though he says he doesn't mind. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    How rude! I would tell her no. Allergies can be very serious.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    So I left the plate of pesto covered in the kitchen and "forgot" to bring it out. :] Whoops!
  • Options
    imagemrscjmb9410:

imagelisadfox:
    So I left the plate of pesto covered in the kitchen and "forgot" to bring it out. :] Whoops!

LOL. That's one way to get around it. Did you send it back home with them? 

You know it! 

• Options
    imageBellaOso:

Oh my goodness! That is pretty darn terrible. Plus, what if you little one has an allergy. I think I would call like PP said and indicate the dish is not welcome.

What a booger-head she must be! Good luck with the holidays! 

Hahaha, THIS!  Really, make something else. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagelisadfox:

Good for you! :) 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Wow that's kind of shitty of her.  I was just avoiding dairy for LO's sake and my aunt changed how she made her sweet potatoes and truffles so I could have them and not be left out at Thanksgiving dinner.  But bringing food that could cause a trip to the ER to that person's house is just idiotic.  

And bravo for "forgetting" to put it out!  I would have done that or "dropped/spilled" it all over the floor by mistake.  ;)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"