Georgia Babies

Santa vs. Parents

How do you decide what Santa gives te kids vs what you give the kids? The big gift is from Santa, but can't decide what else.
Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Santa vs. Parents

• The things that the boys asked for (which happened to be three things total and the exact same things, of course) are from Santa.  I also added a couple additional "joint" presents and those are from Santa.  We also got the boys a few toys and those are from us.  Since they are close in age, they get pretty much the same exact things.  Jack wants exactly what Ethan wants. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Growing up, Santa just brought stockings and later a Christmas jigsaw puzzle and music tape/CD.  Our parents gave us the majority of gifts.  For DDs, I plan to do something similar and have Santa give them their stockings and a joint game this year. 
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Loading the player...
  • Santa brings the things I can't wrap/don't want to :)  We always set those up ahead of time and wrap the rest from us.

Anything really special will be from us, though. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Since we started out asking Max what he wanted to ask Santa for Christmas, those are the gifts that will be from him.  It's 4 things.  We are only getting him a few small things, like a book, a light up thingy I got from Ikea, and maybe one more book, plus his stocking stuffer which I have no clue what it will be.  Maybe candy?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Colin had a very specific list that he told Santa about so those things will be Santa gifts, like the dream light and spiderman stunt city. Santa also thee in a batman toy for good measure.
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Good thing that Gavin is pretty much oblivious. All gifts are Prewrapped in gasp matching paper. The tags on his big gifts do say Santa but I seriously doubt he will even think to check. I will have to be more sneaky next year for sure.

• Since Owen still has no idea about thing and who gives him what, we are only giving the kids Santa presents. They get so many presents from the rest of my family, I don't see the need of giving him stuff from mom and dad yet. Maybe next year or the next if he starts noticing the giver. And Santa doesn't wrap presents here, so it's obvious on Christmas morning what is Santa and what is from family.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are doing the want, need, wear, read, and watch this year. Even though I will admit the want category has a few things in it. Santa brings the big toys plus stockings. They are unwrapped in a little pile for each boy. We are wrapping the wear and need plus a small toy for each from us. 
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Alright, I just decided to make everything she asked Santa for from him and everything else from us. Sans doesn't wrap gifts here, so I was struggling with giving her enough presents to open. I ended wrapping a couple stocking stuffers.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Like pp, all the special things she asked for are from Santa. Other misc. things we've picked out are divided among mommy & daddy.  She also always gets a new pair of pj's on christmas eve from us.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"