April 2012 Moms

Anyone else having trouble w/ solids?

LD will be 8 months on the 27th and he loves purees but when I try anything else he gags and chokes! Ive been trying puffs and yogurt melts for almost a month now and he still gags and chokes on them. I've tried making things really soft and he still gags and chokes on them. Im wondering if anyone else is experiencing this or if its normal....? TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else having trouble w/ solids?

• We're having a hard time too. My LO hates purees and won't take more than a bite or two before she starts swatting the spoon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Is he actually choking? (not moving air, not making noise, turning blue) Or just gagging? Gagging is a natural part of starting table foods that most kids go through as they learn what size bites they can handle. Gagging is a good thing because it happens when they get a chunk too big and causes them to spit it out. DD gagged a lot for the first 2 weeks or so of solids where DS rarely gagged at all.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • imageWildcatPrincess:
    Is he actually choking? (not moving air, not making noise, turning blue) Or just gagging? Gagging is a natural part of starting table foods that most kids go through as they learn what size bites they can handle. Gagging is a good thing because it happens when they get a chunk too big and causes them to spit it out. DD gagged a lot for the first 2 weeks or so of solids where DS rarely gagged at all.

He gags, coughs then starts choking and turning bright red....sometimes he vomits and sometimes (rarely) he swallows it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS is pretty uninterested in anything other than purees. We've given him some fruit in the mesh feeder and. Some other things to sucking, but other than that, it's strictly purees. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"