Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Heart mumur

DD had her 9 mo checkup today and the pedi said he noticed a heart murmur.  Naturally I am freaking out a little.  He did say it was pretty common and that in many cases, kids can grow out of them.  But he is sending us to a pediatric cardiologist to have her checked out.  Has anyone been through this?  Not exactly what I wanted to hear today but it could sure be a lot worse! Actually the dr. said "As long as she doesn't turn blue she is ok" Wow thanks a lot!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo c15e5de6-d798-4a98-9644-9987af04720b_zpsa920caa6.jpg

Re: Heart mumur

• My DS was born with one and had two EKGs, but he grew out of it early.  It's weird they are just noticing it now, if she was born with it.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • My older DD had/has one (not sure). It's fairly common. She sees a cardiologist every year but nothing to be done and they think she'll grow out of it.
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Loading the player...
  • I was born with a murmur, they always said i would grow out of it. I've had no issues and have lead a completely normal life along with playing sports etc. try not to worry momma :)
  • I have a heart murmur and was never told about it until I was 22.  My dr. said lots of people have a small murmur that doesn't cause any problems.  They usually don't tell you as a child because the parents or the child will freak out about it when it isn't really a problem.

Anniversary

• Thank you for all of the info and reassurance!  Happy holidays! <3
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo c15e5de6-d798-4a98-9644-9987af04720b_zpsa920caa6.jpg
  • Yea I had to take my dd to a cardiologist. They did a couple of test, EKG and one where they did an ultrasound of her heart. The test were not terribly fun as they had me hold her and try to get her to stay still, but not painful or anything. It turned out my dd has an innocent murmur and there is nothing to worry about.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"