November 2011 Moms
Options

Another 'craptastic' news story re: school shooting...

A guy in Medina, Ohio wrote on his FB page that he was happy somebody "shot up all those little ********".  And "Viva la School Shootings". 

What a crazy POS.  What is wrong with some people?

He argued that he was within his first amendment right to express his opinion.  Though he was arrested because of the complaints that resulted from his posting.

https://www.ohio.com/news/break-news/medina-county-man-arrested-after-pro-shooting-facebook-rant-1.359380

I'm just gonna say it.  Though we are all given the right under the first amendment to speak our opinions, wouldn't this be the type of behavior we should be looking out for before someone actually does something harmful to others?  Like a PP said, we are a REactive society, not a PROactive one.  (I'll look and see who said that so I can correctly quote you).  What can authorities actually do to someone like this who is clearly disturbed enough to evoke panic and fear in others about what he is capable of, but hasn't yet done anything. 

He may be 20yo, but if I were his parents, I would be locking his ass up in my house and beating the living sh!t out of him, then I'd be finding a way to get him committed. 

ETA: I forgot about the part where he said he was only doing it to prove that you can post anything on FB, no matter how stupid.  I have to disagree.  There have been some people who have been called out on posting crazy sh!t on facebook, but I can't see anyone believing that you could post what he posted and get away with it.  No way!  It was sick and disturbing and he is disturbed to even post what he did.  Regardless of whether he is supportive of shootings or not, I'd still be beating him. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Another 'craptastic' news story re: school shooting...

• Options
    The sad thing is, he's probably doing it for attention. It's easy to see how much attention a tragedy like this gets and it's sad, but some people are so desperate for just a touch of it. Negative attention doesn't matter, they want someone paying attention to them.

Of course, I wouldn't take something like that lightly either though. It's just a sad world sometimes.

• Options
    Unless they could find proof that he was going to do something similar he didn't do anything illegal. Unfortunately being an a-hole isn't a crime.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"