December 2010 Moms

If you send lunch to your LO's daycare.

What sort of lunchbox do you use?

I thought we wanted a SkipHop Zoo one, but now I'm worried that it's too small for a meal plus a drink. Also, it's vertical so how do dishes/bowls fit? Thought I'd ask for other suggestions.

Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015

Re: If you send lunch to your LO's daycare.

• I have a skip hop monkey but lo doesnt go to daycare..I think it would be a bit small to put plastic containers AND drink..imp
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got a Thermos brand soft bag from Bed Bath and Beyond a while back. It's intended for adults to take lunch, but I love it b/c I can pack breakfast, lunch, snacks, and 3 sippy cups daily no problem. I have not yet found a kid's lunch box that would fit all his stuff.
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I bought divided "tupperwear" type containers at Walmart.  I send his food in that and just put it in the daycare fridge when I get there.  For drinks, we keep a gallon of his special lactose free milk at daycare and they wash the cups daily, so I don't have to worry about that.  Our daycare actually provides meals, but with Nate's food allergies and dairy issues, it was decided that he should just bring his own, so we are the only ones.  If everyone brought food, I guess we'd need a lunchbox to keep it cold...

Edit:  I take an insulated one to school (work) with me I bought at Target.  It's just a cheapy one that zips on the top.  It's verticle too, but came with a compartment on the bottom that had a sandwhich container in it, so you can put things upright in that part.  It's always worked well.  I think it is ArticZone brand.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I just use an insulated (upright) bag that I got for a quarter at a yard sale.  Maybe hit a salvation army store and pick up a few different types to see what works best for you.  I wouldn't spend a lot of money on one because, using them every day, they get yukky, stained, funky smelling from being moist all the time, etc.  And I have a few laying around the house in case I forget to bring it home with me from daycare, which happens occasionally.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"