Georgia Babies

Christmas presents help

My girls are 10 and 4, and this is really the year that I'm struggling with presents.  Basically Tess is the target age for every single toy on the market.  She wants everything, preferably with a princess on it.  Easy Peasy.  Emma on the other hand, wants a golf cart.  That's it.  And her own xbox live account. 

There is about a less than 10% chance I'm going to be able to pull out a golf cart.  It's not completely off the table, but it is more likely that we are not getting one.  And I'm okay with that, I certainly don't feel like my kids have to get every single thing they ask for, and clearly a golf cart is $$$$.  But we have been thinking about getting one for a while so we are trying to see if we can pull something together. 

Anyway, even if we do get a golf cart, it will be a family present, not just Emma's.  I am really struggling with getting some gifts for her to balance out the things we've gotten Tess.  Emma is almost old enough to get the concept of money, and that if your presents cost more, you get fewer of them.  But, I still have to have something for her from us, and from Santa.  Got any great ideas?

So far I've gotten her a rock tumbler/polisher thing and a big bag of gemstones and minerals or whatever to go with that. 

And technically she's getting an ipad mini but that's only because we had a warranty on her ipod and someone bumped into her and she dropped the screen and it shattered.  When my husband took it to best buy to have it fixed, there was some kind of computer issue and they ended up giving us store credit instead of swapping it out and he decided to get the ipad mini for less than $100 out of pocket. 

And, I think I'm going to get her the Monster High Book.

Do y'all have any ideas or suggestions or ideas? She still believes in Santa, if that makes a difference. 

Re: Christmas presents help

• Emma is close to Marah's age. This year we did a few chapter books, a really cute doodle/sketch thing I found at Marshalls that teaches you to write neat/cute lettering with fun pens and a friendship bracelet kit with extra thread.

I really hate how attached to her Itouch she is. It drives me nuts how easily she gets bored without it. :/ So I tried to do things that would occupy her time not having it in front of her. The only thing she wants is an Iphone4s and I think her mom is getting her one. 

• My students are around that age.  They are big into rubber band bracelet making and friendship bracelets.  They also like scented markers, pretty journals, pretty bags/handbags, nail polish, nail stickers, crystal growing kits, and those headband making kits.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • is she old enough to be into a spa day/mani pedi or a shopping spree at a favorite store? It might be a fun mommy/daughter day for you too.

My friend's daughter is somewhere around that age and she has some kind of camera that prints out miniature instant photos, maybe they are stickers? I know she and her friends are obsessed with that thing. Maybe she would like something like that? Or a real digital camera, if she doesn't already have one.

The only other idea I thought of was maybe a room redecoration, if she has any interest in redoing her room. I have no idea how much a golf cart costs though, maybe a room re-do isn't much cheaper.

• imagerara855:

Emma is close to Marah's age. This year we did a few chapter books, a really cute doodle/sketch thing I found at Marshalls that teaches you to write neat/cute lettering with fun pens and a friendship bracelet kit with extra thread.

I really hate how attached to her Itouch she is. It drives me nuts how easily she gets bored without it. :/ So I tried to do things that would occupy her time not having it in front of her. The only thing she wants is an Iphone4s and I think her mom is getting her one. 

Good call of the doodle/sketch thing.  I'm definitely going to see if I can find something like that. 

I've been pleasantly surprised at Emma's use of her ipod and other video game stuff.  Especially with how many educational games she plays on the ipad.  And she reads lots of ibooks and kindle ap. 

I forgot that I also ordered her this on Amazon. She's had one of the singles before and it washes out easily.

Fashion Angels Color Rox Hair Chox Kit

• imageMrsFv20:

My friend's daughter is somewhere around that age and she has some kind of camera that prints out miniature instant photos, maybe they are stickers? I know she and her friends are obsessed with that thing. Maybe she would like something like that? Or a real digital camera, if she doesn't already have one.

The only other idea I thought of was maybe a room redecoration, if she has any interest in redoing her room. I have no idea how much a golf cart costs though, maybe a room re-do isn't much cheaper.

Good idea!  She got an instant photo camera for her birthday and a pack of film would be a great stocking stuffer! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"