December 2010 Moms

SO clingy! Any advice?

Gah! I don't know if she just senses the end of being an only child approaching or if it's just the 2s but every time DD has to be separated from me (to visit my parents whom she sees ALL THE TIME, to have Daddy take her to change her diaper, to be dropped off at the gym daycare where we go every day, or right now to go to the playground with her dad which is like her dream afternoon, or whatever!) Her lip starts to quiver and she just starts bawling about "Mommy coming with you? Mommy will come!" It was heartbreaking watching her force herself to follow her dad out the door just now. I could tell she really wanted to go to the playground and even waved goodbye but it was so hard for her to walk away from me.

Any advice? Just keep plowing through it? Sigh. It makes me so sad to see her so upset but I don't want her to be attached to me and I know it bums DH out a lot too...

FWIW she usually recovers pretty fast once I'm out of sight but the actual goodbye is miserable.

Re: SO clingy! Any advice?

• Story of my life! Except J only spends time with me and the DC-mom + the 3 other children on a day-to-day basis. So I guess I have to live with him being clingy for a while still. However he does shift sometimes and don't want to come home with me from DC (every blue moon).

But if you do find a solution I will try it out :)

<3 Cathrine 24 from Norway - Mommy and Married <3

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath Graduation tickers
  • T had been doing this too. Since the baby came he's actually better. He always asks if mommy and baby sister are coming, but generally doesn't cry. When I had asked DC for suggestions, they said to keep reassuring him that he would see me 'after work, when he's done at the store with daddy, etc.' and then when we were together again ask him about what he did and play up how fun it was. We were doing it and it did seen to make it better a bit. He came home a few times and started to tell me what he did before I asked. I know it's hard, but I've never seen a high school kid do this, so it's got to end at some point, right? ;)
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"