imageCiderWench:
    imageGhostMonkey:
    imageCiderWench:
    imagemama&baby:
    imagermcgibbon:
    imagemama&baby:
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:

imagemama&baby:
    PS-  I seriously want to smack the people on my FB who are trying to use this for their anti-gun cause. There's time for that later. Don't use a tragedy for your own gain.

The sad reality is, tougher gun laws won't stop this sort of stuff. Since when has a law stopped a criminal? They would get the gun one way or another, or use another method.

Exactly. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. But the general point is it's just sad that people can't allow for grieving one day before they start all this political crap.

I'm fairly certain he wouldn't have been able to kill 27 people if he didn't have four guns on him.

But I agree about leaving the political crap out of it and letting the poor people grieve.

Point is that a gun sitting in a safe doesn't kill anyone. A gun in a psychopath's hands does. Like a PP mentioned, he would have gotten the guns illegally if he wanted to so there is nothing legislation could do to have prevented this.

Also, in China today 22 children were injured (could have easily died) in a knife attack. So yeah, it is fathomable that someone could commit a mass killing without a gun. In fact in Columbine, if the bombs they made in the cafeteria actually went off they could have killed up to 300 people. Far more than what they killed with guns. Luckily, that didn't happen.

I'm gonna keep my mouth shut about it from here on out. I've been doing so on FB and it may be a good idea to keep it shut on here before I get pissed. Bleh. It's making me ill... those poor children and families. I can't imagine.

Here's the source for the knife attack:

https://www.cnn.com/2012/12/14/world/asia/china-knife-attack/index.html

ETA: Multiple children in the knife attack are listed in critical condition. Prayers for them and thier families as well

If you're going to b?tch about people not furthering their anti-gun agenda today then, perhaps, you should consider not pushing your pro-gun agenda either.

Yeah, that's exactly what the point of that was. Good job.

Yeah, they weren't saying anything that was obviously pro-gun between their "let's save this for another day" comments.

Which is exactly why I said I was upset and was going to stop posting about it. I was a tad bit upset because I have family that lives right in that area and they had friends who go to the school. Luckily their kids are fine- 2 of them were sick and didn't go to school today. I haven't heard yet about their other friend (one 6 year old child) whom I hope is OK. She is one of my cousin's BFFs and I haven't been able to get ahold of my aunt again to ask about her.

As far as gun control is concerned, I honestly don't care either way. To each their own. I guess I was just getting overly defensive because I was upset about it. People saying it could be prevented, etc. People are crazy. None of it could have been prevented, except by the gunman himself. And now all these kids are dead.

So yes, I do agree I was contradicting myself. So sorry. I tend to not post too rationally when I get overly emotional as I was today.   

• Options
    I am horrified as both a parent and human being.   How can someone do this?  How could someone do this to such innocent children?   They had their whole lives ahead of them.

My son is in kindy, and I know how bad he cries for me when he is hurt or scared at home.  I can't imagine the crying and hysteria in that classroom, with no one to comfort or save them.

imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemama&baby:

Which is exactly why I said I was upset and was going to stop posting about it. I was a tad bit upset because I have family that lives right in that area and they had friends who go to the school. Luckily their kids are fine- 2 of them were sick and didn't go to school today. I haven't heard yet about their other friend (one 6 year old child) whom I hope is OK. She is one of my cousin's BFFs and I haven't been able to get ahold of my aunt again to ask about her.

As far as gun control is concerned, I honestly don't care either way. To each their own. I guess I was just getting overly defensive because I was upset about it. People saying it could be prevented, etc. People are crazy. None of it could have been prevented, except by the gunman himself. And now all these kids are dead.

So yes, I do agree I was contradicting myself. So sorry. I tend to not post too rationally when I get overly emotional as I was today.   

Definitely understandable. :) I could have phrased my first comment better.

Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • Options
    imagemama&baby:
    imageCiderWench:
    imageGhostMonkey:
    imageCiderWench:
    imagemama&baby:
    imagermcgibbon:
    imagemama&baby:
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:

imagemama&baby:
    PS-  I seriously want to smack the people on my FB who are trying to use this for their anti-gun cause. There's time for that later. Don't use a tragedy for your own gain.

The sad reality is, tougher gun laws won't stop this sort of stuff. Since when has a law stopped a criminal? They would get the gun one way or another, or use another method.

Exactly. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. But the general point is it's just sad that people can't allow for grieving one day before they start all this political crap.

I'm fairly certain he wouldn't have been able to kill 27 people if he didn't have four guns on him.

But I agree about leaving the political crap out of it and letting the poor people grieve.

Point is that a gun sitting in a safe doesn't kill anyone. A gun in a psychopath's hands does. Like a PP mentioned, he would have gotten the guns illegally if he wanted to so there is nothing legislation could do to have prevented this.

Also, in China today 22 children were injured (could have easily died) in a knife attack. So yeah, it is fathomable that someone could commit a mass killing without a gun. In fact in Columbine, if the bombs they made in the cafeteria actually went off they could have killed up to 300 people. Far more than what they killed with guns. Luckily, that didn't happen.

I'm gonna keep my mouth shut about it from here on out. I've been doing so on FB and it may be a good idea to keep it shut on here before I get pissed. Bleh. It's making me ill... those poor children and families. I can't imagine.

Here's the source for the knife attack:

https://www.cnn.com/2012/12/14/world/asia/china-knife-attack/index.html

ETA: Multiple children in the knife attack are listed in critical condition. Prayers for them and thier families as well

If you're going to b?tch about people not furthering their anti-gun agenda today then, perhaps, you should consider not pushing your pro-gun agenda either.

Yeah, that's exactly what the point of that was. Good job.

Yeah, they weren't saying anything that was obviously pro-gun between their "let's save this for another day" comments.

I think on a day like today we all just need to say a prayer and keep the victims families in our thoughts. This tragedy cannot be undone and the if's and and's don't matter as they can't change what has already be done. We should all be so incredibly thankful that we have our loved ones with us today. I am sure there will be plenty of opportunities to voice opinions on gun control later but today should just be about those that are suffering because of this unthinkable act of violence.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"