December 2010 Moms

Winter/Christmas books

What are your family's favorite winter/ Christmas children's books?

We don't have a single one and I want to keep my eye out for some good ones!

Re: Winter/Christmas books

• We didn't have any last year, but we just downloaded an e-book of Twas the Night Before Christmas, and I've been having fun reading it with DS.
    Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I just got DS "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and he carries it all over the house.  He loves just looking at the pictures.  We try reading it to him and maybe only get to read every other page, haha. 

We got "The Spirit of Christmas" last year at Kohl's when they had all of the Nancy Tillman books for $5.  He likes it, but I don't think he loves it.

I know DS' friend has "Llama Llama Holiday Drama," but I didn't get to read through it.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • So far Ava likes: 

Snowmen at Night

What is Christmas?

Twas the Night before Christmas (although I made a mistake and bought the one where I record my voice and read it to her. She's way more interested in playing with the recording buttons than reading the book)

Duck and Goose: It's Time for Christmas 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I LOVE Christmas books. I can't get enough of them.

Ezra Jack Keats' Little Drummer Boy

Santa Duck

Any book by Robert Sabuda (We have the 12 Days of Christmas, The Night Before Christmas, and Christmas ABCs)

The Three Gifts of Christmas

Santa's Favorite Story

Merry Christmas, Strega Nona

Those are faves off the top of my head... I know we have more! 

Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
  • Thanks ladies!!!
  • DS loves The Polar Express, though he is a little young for it.  I usually just read a few sentences and we look at the pictures.  He also has a Curious George Christmas book (touch & feel) that he really likes.  We have a few Nancy TIllman books too, but I think he'll enjoy them more when he gets older.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • B loves Corduroy's Christmas.  Our daycare does Scholastic books and I was able to pick it up for 1-2 dollars.
    photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • We got a great Little People book that you lift all the flaps. It's called Christmastime is Here!

DS loves it - he calls it "big Christmas book". He has a"little Christmas book" too, which is his Baby Einstein Christmas book that we got him last year. He looks at that book year-round even though it's a "baby" book, lol.

I got him Twas the Night Before Christmas recently, but he's not into it =(

• We love "The Spirit of Christmas" and all Nancy Tillman books.  I find that she stays interested longer because they're rhyme-y (and they always make me tear up....)
  • imageStrunella:
    DS loves The Polar Express, though he is a little young for it.nbsp; I usually just read a few sentences and we look at the pictures.nbsp;

This is what we do too. Sometimes I make up my own story for it because she turns the pages long before I can finish reading them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"