May 2013 Moms

How is your water intake?

How much water would you say you drink a day?

I feel like I suck at this. I try to drink the 64 oz per day (I know it should be more), but I find myself trying to get it other ways, fruit, flavored waters, carbonated waters, etc. For some reason just regular water isn't appealing to me these days, lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: How is your water intake?

• I have a liter-sized bottle I keep at work and I drink 2 of those by the end of the workday. Then I have...whatever...after work. I don't keep track after the 2 liters. Any liquids count, though, so stock up on the Kool Aid! :)
    She is here! 5-29-13

• I'm usually pretty good and drinking enough water throughout the day, but lately I've been horrible!  I can suck down a Sprite in just a few gulps, but water doesn't go down as easily.  I actually just thought to myself yesterday that I need to drink more "high quality H2O" (said in my Water Boy voice).
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I try to drink 4 or 5 20oz water bottles a day. Sometimes it's more sometimes it's less. I use the Walmart brand flavor drop things and if I put that in my water I usually take in more that way. 
  • Im horrible... I need to drink way more
    photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have my favorite liter sized cup at work that I try to drink two of everyday.  Before I leave the house each morning I try to drink a pint of water and then drink another pint of water with dinner.  I make myselft drink 20 oz of water during my workout.  I also try to make myself drink some decaf tea at work and then something carbonated at lunch like an Orange Fanta or a Sprite (both decaf).  I get tired of water too!  If that happens, I try gatorade or grape juice, but all I really want is a freaking Coke Zero!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm awful with drinking anything. Before being pregnant I was amazing and drank so much water. Now I have resorted to drinking juice sometimes just so I drink something. I don't usually drink juice.

I really need to fix this so I have started forcing myself to drink more.

• imagePinkGlitter2012:
    I actually just thought to myself yesterday that I need to drink more "high quality H2O" (said in my Water Boy voice).

Hahaha love this! I love water so I've been good at drinking it...the whole peeing 900 times a day is starting to grind my gears though.

• I am better during the work week than on the weekends. I drink between 60-80 oz a day but on the weekend I struggle to get enough. I should make more of an effort because I get really bad headaches.
  • imageblush64:

I'm awful with drinking anything. Before being pregnant I was amazing and drank so much water. Now I have resorted to drinking juice sometimes just so I drink something. I don't usually drink juice.

I really need to fix this so I have started forcing myself to drink more.

Exactly this!! I used to drink probably 3x as much water before getting pregnant as I do now. For some reason I am just not into drinking water, or much of any fluids really, and I am not sure why.

• imageLadyDelilah:
    Im horrible... I need to drink way more

me too :/

Pregnancy Ticker
  • This is probably one of my biggest struggles. Even before pregnancy I hardly drank anything. Especially water. 40 oz of flavored water is even a struggle for me. I try to supplement with juice and milk as well. Water makes me gag.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMax'smom:
    I am better during the work week than on the weekends. I drink between 60-80 oz a day but on the weekend I struggle to get enough. I should make more of an effort because I get really bad headaches.

This. exactly. I have a clear covered tumbler with a straw that holds 32 oz, and I down water all day at work. But on the weekends, I have a really hard time remembering.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageLadyDelilah:

This!  Completely!

Said goodbye to our little angel 12/3/11 Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have extra motivation to drink tons of water. I'm terrible at swallowing pills, and if the only thing I can take for a headache is regular strength tylenol... the size and look of those pills always encourage me to go fill up my cup of water again. (I'm lucky enough to have all chewable vitamin supplements). Drinking the extra water always makes the headache go away.

Also, popsicles. Lots of popsicles. 

BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I ended up in the ER last weekend for BH contractions due to dehydration, so clearly I'm not drinking as much as I should be!  In 1st tri I drank a ton of water just because I was thirsty all the time, but now I get full really easily so I just don't drink enough.  I've been trying to be better about it this week though and have been forcing myself to drink constantly during the day.  It's getting old already.
  • imageLadyDelilah:

Exactly.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Not as much as I should be. I have been doing better lately though.  It's weird though- water has not been going down easy for me either.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"