Natural Birth
Options

First appointment with birth center dr/mw

I'm planning on having #2 at a birth center with a practice that has a couple OBs and a couple MWs.  The MWs deliver in the birth center and the OBs in the hospital and you are transferred to the OBs if you no longer qualify for the birth center. 

I had my first appointment on Friday with an OB in the practice, my first time meeting anyone there. 

He was great, and I'd give him probably a 95% on being comfortable with him.  He was very supportive and understanding of how upset I was about how the last OB that I delivered with treated me and fought me every single step of the way through my 21 hours of unmedicated labor.  He agreed that her interventions were unnecessary and that I was right to deny them.

He was very enthusiastic about their midwifery care and their birth center and said that I sound like I will be very successful birthing there.  He was supportive when I asked questions and challenged some of their "routine" things.

My ONLY issue is that he said mothers should gain only 25lbs during pregnancy.  In my experience, with HG last time, I gained what I gained and nothing I ate played a role.  I gained 40lbs, had lost almost 30 by the time I got home from the hospital and in the last 9 months I have lost over 80lbs.  I only kinda side eyed that limit, especially because I'm not overweight.  

But overall, I'm pretty excited to meet the MWs next month! I'm excited to finally feel like I really won't have to fight for my (unnecessary) intervention free birth! 

Not quite sure what the point of sharing is... Just wanted to share my excitement!

dx MF & FF IF
Off B.C. Jan '06, started charting Feb '08, 2% morphology and PCOS, no O with meds,
IVF w/ICSI only option to conceive.
Licensed Foster Parents 07.11
Miracle BFP 7.20.11 1st beta 6,274! EDD 3.17.12
Miracle Baby born March 5, 2012 . 6lbs 1oz, 19 3/4"
Miracle BFP #2 10.8.12 - edd 6.20.13

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker

Re: First appointment with birth center dr/mw

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"