Success after IF

implantation cramping?

Ok...I'm 4dp5dt...been having crazy cramps yesterday/ today...feel just like pms/af cramps. So who had implantation cramps? What did they feel like? I'm afraid this is just something made up or exaggersted to console us during the 2ww. When I did 2 medicated TI cycles I always had AF well before my scheduled blood test so I'm really afraid this is just PMS :
TTC since Aug 2011, RE since May 2012. Dx: PCOS,endo, postprandial hypoglycemia DH: SA 1 - low everything, 2- low everything, 3 - good, but WBC, 4 - lost and/or damaged at lab, 5 - low everything July - Letrozole + TI = BFN Aug - letrozole #2 + TI = BFN Sep - NEW RE!! YAY!!!! Move to IVF w/ICSI - ER on Nov 28 - 34 eggs! 2 day report - 26 successfully fertilized! 13 of 26 frozen at 3 days. 5dt of 2 best remaining eggs! BFP on HPT 6dp5dt Beta #1 10dp5dt-471 Beta #2 13dp5dt - 1250

Re: implantation cramping?

• Sorry, Hun. There's no way to tell until the test.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Philo

Baby N conceived after 1 miscarriage and more than 2 years of TTC. Diagnosis was low sperm count. We found success after 3 months of anastrozole to increase DH's testosterone and one IUI.
    Some charts AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive. - Happy Gilmore
  • I know there's know way to tell! That's obvious. I'm just curious if anyone ACTUALLY had implantation cramps or if it's just internet hocus.
    TTC since Aug 2011, RE since May 2012. Dx: PCOS,endo, postprandial hypoglycemia DH: SA 1 - low everything, 2- low everything, 3 - good, but WBC, 4 - lost and/or damaged at lab, 5 - low everything July - Letrozole + TI = BFN Aug - letrozole #2 + TI = BFN Sep - NEW RE!! YAY!!!! Move to IVF w/ICSI - ER on Nov 28 - 34 eggs! 2 day report - 26 successfully fertilized! 13 of 26 frozen at 3 days. 5dt of 2 best remaining eggs! BFP on HPT 6dp5dt Beta #1 10dp5dt-471 Beta #2 13dp5dt - 1250
  • Loading the player...
  • A ton of early pregnancy symptoms feel just like how it feels when AF is on her way. It really can play tricks on you either way. With DS I was sure that AF was arriving through the PIO. I was even spotting but I got a BFP at 10dp3dt (the first time I tested) and it stuck. GL hon!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Mine didn't feel like AF cramps....they were little sharp twinges.   Unluckily I had the similar cramps last cycle and that was a BFN.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• I have never heard of implantation cramps but I definitely felt PMS-like before my BFP. If you are on progesterone it can make you feel crampy for sure.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageDragonfly1226:
    A ton of early pregnancy symptoms feel just like how it feels when AF is on her way. It really can play tricks on you either way. With DS I was sure that AF was arriving through the PIO. I was even spotting but I got a BFP at 10dp3dt the first time I tested and it stuck. GL hon!

This! I was sure AF was on her way. GL, hopefully it's the same for you.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Both times I've gotten a BFP I've had aching like cramps towards the end of my 2ww with a "fullness" feeling in my ute. Hope that helps.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I felt a sharp pinch w/ all three of my pg, twice w/ 2nd which was initially twins and had slight spotting w/ 3rd. Did not have any other cramping than that.  Also had a STRONG sense of smell and instant headaches which I had every day throughout first tri w/ all three.  GL, all of mine were right around x-mas!!
    Our miracle IVF baby - D 6/09 & J - Surprise! born 9/10!!!
  • Thank you all!!!! My fingers are crossed.  I'm so moody...I feel hopeful and then an hour later feel like I'm definitely out this cycle.  SO FRUSTRATING!!!  I told a friend today I wanted to go see a psychic...then I could get an answer before an hpt or a beta hahaha
  • I had dull, AF like cramps after both of my successful IVF ETs. I think they started around the equivalent of 8 or 9dpo for both cycles. Good luck. 

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

• imagekbeach82:
    I had dull, AF like cramps after both of my successful IVF ETs. I think they started around the equivalent of 8 or 9dpo for both cycles. Good luck. 

Kbeach82 - unless I'm misreading, it looks like both of your first IVF cycles were successful?  Such an inspiration!  I'm 5dp5dt, and my cramps are lightening up today.  Hopefully this isn't AF coming for a visit!

• I took my trigger shot in the after noon on July 2nd, then BMS July 3rd and July 4th I woke up and felt really sore like I had done a ton of sit ups ( I never had this before). I had continuous cramping like period cramps or sharp little stabs until like 6 weeks. I also noticed my crinone wasn't as irritating and seemed to absorb better. I was very nauseous starting the week before my blood test. I got my blood test on July 18th and I remember being shocked when she said my HCG was 342 and asking the nurse if she was sure b/c I was on my way out the door to pick up tampons, and I was sure AF was about to start b/c of the cramping. There is no way to really tell which is which but good luck I really hope it's not just pms for you :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • OK...so, I POAS every day since 3dp5dt.  Ridiculous, I know :)  This morning I got a VERY faint line.  Even my super skeptical husband was like HOLY COW THERES A LINE! I even took a second test to verify.  In my previous cycles I triggered with HCG (not this one due to OHSS) and did HPT immediately so I would know for sure what an actual + HPT looked like.  I'm hope, hope, HOPING that it gets darker tomorrow!!!!!!!!  I thought I'd be calmer once I saw a +...I'm freaking out even more now!
  • I didn't do IVF, but I did an IUI and I had implantation cramping...and even pretty early on.  I had just had an HSG and hysterscopy and thought I had gotten an infection or had cysts or something.  I kept calling my RE's office repeatedly. They even put me on antibiotics.  At 7 DPO, it was so bad that I thought I was starting AF super early (I had had issues with my LP being short) and was even more bummed because I figured that not only had the IUI not worked, but that my LP was getting even shorter. Then I got my BFP at 9 days post ovulation/post IUI! 
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"