December 2010 Moms

S/o 2-year stats, height or length?

We haven't had our 2-year yet (blah, silly nurse) but does your pedi start measuring height instead of length at this appointment?  Do growth charts take this in to account?  I know C's 35in tall but about 36/36.5in in length.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: S/o 2-year stats, height or length?

• They measured O standing up and I know you lose a little when you're up right as opposed to laying down.
    imageimage
  • Our pedi did both height and length at his 18 month visit.

They have a new chart at 2 years that the kids can go onto and she already gave a talk about how you can't compare the height chart to the length chart.  It's like they set their baseline for percentile all over again.

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekj07:

Our pedi did both height and length at his 18 month visit.

They have a new chart at 2 years that the kids can go onto and she already gave a talk about how you can't compare the height chart to the length chart.  It's like they set their baseline for percentile all over again.

This is what we were told too. 

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• They started measuring T standing at 18 months because he freaked when they layed him down. We've never had growth issues with him, so maybe they figured it was no big deal? We measured him for fun the other day and he was 28 pounds and 33 inches if I rember correctly. He'll go for his 2 year check up the week after next when our favorite pedi is back in the office.
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Our ped had DS standing up on the scale for height. She said she now uses the boys' 2-18 growth chart instead of the 0-36m one.
    Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
  • Awesome, thanks all!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I thought at Griffs 18 month check up they measured him standing up.  His 2 year check up is in a few weeks so we'll see.
  • They only did length laying down for DD.  But they weighed her with clothes on, so she got bumped way up to the 26% for weight.  Score!
    image  image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • I'm wondering if DS will go on a real scale this time, instead of the baby scale.  He is way too ginormous for the baby scale at 35 lbs!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • They measured DD laying down.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"