May 2013 Moms
Options

UO!

Re: UO!

• Options
    imagemissiongirl78:

My UO is especially unpoplar but here goes...

I hate belly pics on Facebook.  I think it's awkward. In particular, I have this one FB friend who lifts up her shirt and shows her actual skin every time she posts a pic of her belly.  I mean, really?  Do we all need to see you uncovered body???  Keep that to yourself.  I enjoy sharing my pregnancy with my friends and family, but I am not planning posting any pictures of fatty pregnant body for the world to see. Sorry.

So on the bump thread on another pregnancy site, there is this woman who always takes her bump picture topless. No bra, just her arm covering her boobs. It baffles me and creeps me out. I don't really want to see that much skin, and please at LEAST put on a bra or something!!

• Options
    imagemytinc:

It drives me crazy when people ask how my pregnancy is going and when I say that I've been feeling good and no morning sickness they almost seem disappointed that I don't have any good stories (and frankly, I'm not going to discuss my constipation issues in the grocery store).  So then I hear all about how they had a hard time, or their wife, or their sister, etc. and how awful it was. 

Yes, you want to bond and somehow feel a part of my pregnancy and be able to relate.  Blah, blah, blah.  Really, I just don't need that information.  Let me enjoy my mostly symptom free pregnany in peace! 

YesYes I feel the same way!

TTC since Sept 2010 SA done March 2012-All good! Started Clomid April 2012 4th round of Clomid-BFP 8/21!!! Beta#1 8/22(11dpo)-31 Beta#2 8/24(13dpo)-88 Beta#3 8/27(16dpo)-395!! First U/S 9/24-HB 169 2nd U/S 10/22-Looking good! :)BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm over being asked to donate money to St. Jude's every time I make a purchase at PB, PBK, West Elm, Gymboree and the bazillion other places that are collecting for them. I love St Jude's and what the do for sick kids and I happily donate money to them, March of Dimes, and other organizations. However, I do it directly to the organization in a lump sum so I can get a receipt for tax purposes. I tell the cashier this every time and I'm always told to keep my cash register receipt for proof of donation. Yes, exactly what I want up do of keep up with a zillion receipts with 1 donations. Even worse is when I get a big eye roll when I don't donate. Grrr, bite me!
  • Options

imageslweaver0626:
    I LOVE all Christmas movies... except A Christmas Story. It drives me nuts and I can't stand it. DH knows it and turns it on every year. He's sooo thoughtful. ;)

Me too (: but I like a Christmas story lol. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                            Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • Options

image5953fpp:
    I get everyone is excited about finding out the sex but does everyone need to start a seperate thread? Can you just update your siggy?

THIS! Extra annoying are the ones that say "Add me to team..." or "It's a..." in the subject line, with the added suspense of making you open the post to find out. I just don't open them. I know it's going to say either boy or girl. Now, if anyone here is having a hermaphrodite unicorn, then that might be worth the suspense and anticipation of opening the post.

BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Options
    I do not understand the fascination with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches... each separate is fine. But together... no way. There, I said it.
  • Options

imageBabyChickpea:
    I'm over being asked to donate money to St. Jude's every time I make a purchase at PB, PBK, West Elm, Gymboree and the bazillion other places that are collecting for them. I love St Jude's and what the do for sick kids and I happily donate money to them, March of Dimes, and other organizations. However, I do it directly to the organization in a lump sum so I can get a receipt for tax purposes. I tell the cashier this every time and I'm always told to keep my cash register receipt for proof of donation. Yes, exactly what I want up do of keep up with a zillion receipts with 1 donations. Even worse is when I get a big eye roll when I don't donate. Grrr, bite me!

Was thinking the same thing! except the Salvation Army?? I think is who they are, with the buckets outside every single store, people ringing that annoying bell and huffing and puffing when I walk by and don't put some change in, I never even carry cash, but if I did I probably wouldn't put in just because they are so rude and creepy. OAN, I agree with putting on maybe a little makeup (mascara at the most) AFTER I deliver, before everyone comes to visit, but putting it on before delivery..wouldn't it just sweat off and run down your face and defeat the whole purpose..and make you look worse? In my opinion I don't see how anyone could look cute while pushing out a baby, makeup or not.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagebananers:

image5953fpp:
    I get everyone is excited about finding out the sex but does everyone need to start a seperate thread? Can you just update your siggy?

THIS! Extra annoying are the ones that say "Add me to team..." or "It's a..." in the subject line, with the added suspense of making you open the post to find out. I just don't open them. I know it's going to say either boy or girl. Now, if anyone here is having a hermaphrodite unicorn, then that might be worth the suspense and anticipation of opening the post.

hahaha this! Except I usually try to say "congrats on....". But I totally know what you mean! I agree with pp and just add your news to Monday's check in or change in your siggy.

I can't come up with my own or a new UO for today. I'll recycle mine from the other week: I still really don't like the blow up "holiday" decorations. Stick out tongue

• Options
    imageNinaBeana87:
    imagebananers:

image5953fpp:

hahaha this! Except I usually try to say "congrats on....". But I totally know what you mean! I agree with pp and just add your news to Monday's check in or change in your siggy.

I can't come up with my own or a new UO for today. I'll recycle mine from the other week: I still really don't like the blow up "holiday" decorations. Stick out tongue

I hate those blow-up things! Oh so much!

• Options

imagebhjones1980:

to give a warning I am in a crankapotamus mood today...

My UO, is some people need to step back and stop making the Bump their personal blog, do we need to see 4 or 5 new threads a day about a fight with your DH, family member drama, every little ache and pain in your pregnancy, etc.

It has gotten to the point where if I see certain posters names I just ignore the thread.

take a minute to think "will this thread contribute anything of value to the board?"

end rant

In the past when I feel like something might be talking about me (even if its not) I figure I should take a step back and fix it. Kind of the if I feel guilty then I probably am. I post a lot because sometimes I get bored or certain things pop into my head.

If I am one of "those" people can someone please tell me? In the meantime I'll be limiting my posts and hoping people still read them :/

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageslweaver0626:
    I LOVE all Christmas movies... except A Christmas Story. It drives me nuts and I can't stand it. DH knows it and turns it on every year. He's sooo thoughtful. ;)
    Agreed!!  I just don't get that movie.  I've never been able to sit through the whole thing.  I just find it annoying and really don't understand the craze that drives people to watch it over and over, have news articles when someone buys the house where it was filmed (in northern Ohio), or people who ooh and ahh over a stupid leg lamp. Give me just about any other movie, or turn off the TV.

EDIT: spelling typo

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Options

imageBabyChickpea:

This also drives me nuts!!  DH and I donate to the Phoenix Children's Hospital so it really bothers me when some cashier rolls her eyes at me like I'm a grinch for not donating to whatever their charity of choice is.  

**BFP 6/2/2015
    Toddler Boy 5/24/2013
  • Options
    My DH is determined to get a leg lamp... life sized.  There 'might' be an electrical fire if that happens.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    imageNinaBeana87:
    imagebananers:

Personally, I hate them too. But the other day I was out walking my dog and walked past a family standing outside putting up their massive blow up snowman and lights all over the tree outside their house, and their little girl (around 6 or 7 probably?) was so excited. It was sweet, even if the snowman was really tacky.

Edited to trim quote tree.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagemrsthomas3311:

imageBabyChickpea:

What pisses me off even more than the "legitimate" organizations is the beggars.  I'm sorry if you are homeless or pretending to be homeless or are down on your luck.  I work hard for my money and I'm not giving a dollar to each of the 10 people who ask me for one Every. Single. Day.  I need to support my own family and I do that by going to work and earning my money, not begging for me.  There are plenty of organizations in this area to help people who are down on their luck to find jobs.  Is it really that much better to be begging people for money than it is to be cleaning toilets or something and getting paid for it?  At least you earn your money that way.

Was thinking the same thing! except the Salvation Army?? I think is who they are, with the buckets outside every single store, people ringing that annoying bell and huffing and puffing when I walk by and don't put some change in, I never even carry cash, but if I did I probably wouldn't put in just because they are so rude and creepy. OAN, I agree with putting on maybe a little makeup (mascara at the most) AFTER I deliver, before everyone comes to visit, but putting it on before delivery..wouldn't it just sweat off and run down your face and defeat the whole purpose..and make you look worse? In my opinion I don't see how anyone could look cute while pushing out a baby, makeup or not.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

image5953fpp:

I agree with this 100%!!!!

5/9/2013 = Our rainbow was born!!

08/18/2012 - BFP (Hoping this is our rainbow!)
    06/24/2012 - Loss confirmed at 12 weeks
    12/14/2010 - Loss baby girl at 20 weeks due to Turner Syndrome
    01/2009 - Chemical Pregnancy

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

My Blog

• Options
    imageMommaG123:
    imagejerseygirl81:

imageMotherMayEye:
    My unpopular opinion is that you should be able to express your unpopular opinion in UO threads without having to debate/justify it. It is already understood that it is not a popular opinion.

But that takes all of the fun out of it ;)

Lol this.  There is no such thing as a flame free Friday confession or an UO where no one comments on your statements.  That would just be boring.

But then I guess even by posting this we are breaking your UO rule. Stick out tongue 

Seriously though I think it's fun.  It actually brings some discussion and life into the board! 

But it makes me not want to leave my unpopular opinions here. Ah well, maybe I will just dump them on my husband, instead. 

Stick out tongue

• Options
    imagewmorgan003:
    imageNinaBeana87:
    imagebananers:

Personally, I hate them too. But the other day I was out walking my dog and walked past a family standing outside putting up their massive blow up snowman and lights all over the tree outside their house, and their little girl (around 6 or 7 probably?) was so excited. It was sweet, even if the snowman was really tacky.

Edited to trim quote tree.

Aww, well I could understand that Big Smile Nice to see she'll have a fond memory of she and her family decorating together!

• Options
    imageAllieAGame:
    imageCharlotteJ2:
    imageMommaG123:
    imageCharlotteJ2:

This is my very first UO! Here goes-

I can't stand women who use their period as a right to be a biitch! Now, don't get me wrong, I know that for some women it's worse than others as far as pain or being uncomfortable, but I have actually known women who say, "Next week is my period and I'll be a ***." Keep yourself under control and don't make others miserable because you might not feel wonderful! BLAH. Rant over.

I agree although I also feel the same way about pregnancy.  I don't think it gives you and excuse and I roll my eyes when people say things like "I was such a mega B!tch to my husband last night because of these pregnancy hormones". 

Oh yes, I agree with this too! In my opinion nothing gives me the "right" to be a b!tch to others, especially my husband, just because I might not feel the best. You had to know when you decided to get pregnant or just got pregnant that it wouldn't be sunshine and roses. 

Yessssssssss. All of this! And then the same women will complain that they can't understand why all their friends stopped hanging out when them when they got pregnant. They will, of course, blame it on pregnancy jealousy.

Idk...I disagree.  I don't think anyone should use it as an excuse to be mean all the time but c'mon.  I cried yesterday for no particular reason, at least %50 of that is hormones!  Give me the occasional break when I flip out over nothing :)

• Options
    imageslweaver0626:
    I LOVE all Christmas movies... except A Christmas Story. It drives me nuts and I can't stand it. DH knows it and turns it on every year. He's sooo thoughtful. ;

I agree! I hate the Christmas Story. We grew up watching Christmas Vacation.
  • Options

I don't have one this week, although I agree with at least half of the ones you ladies have come up with!  Specifically, the sex reveal posts - we really don't need all 500 of them!

I just wanted to say that I freaking love A Christmas Story & every year we put on TBS as soon as the marathon starts & it never gets old!  And every year, my DH & I joke about getting a full sized leg lamp for our front window :) 

• Options
    imagebananers:

image5953fpp:

Hermaphrodite unicorn?!? I want one! Was there a sign up sheet or something? Lol.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    imageKLJ3:
    imagebananers:

Hermaphrodite unicorn?!? I want one! Was there a sign up sheet or something? Lol.

This made me laugh too. Now, last night I did dream I gave birth to two beautiful, healthy puppies. Surprise

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagewmorgan003:
    imageKLJ3:
    imagebananers:

This made me laugh too. Now, last night I did dream I gave birth to two beautiful, healthy puppies. Surprise

You make me feel better about the fact that the babies in my dreams usually turn into kittens. But I would give up both puppies AND kittens for a unicorn.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    My UO is that I think the term AW is applied way too liberally, to too many situations.
  • Options
    imageAliciaR777:

I don't have one this week, although I agree with at least half of the ones you ladies have come up with!  Specifically, the sex reveal posts - we really don't need all 500 of them!

I just wanted to say that I freaking love A Christmas Story & every year we put on TBS as soon as the marathon starts & it never gets old!  And every year, my DH & I joke about getting a full sized leg lamp for our front window :) 

I also love A Christmas Story and will watch the marathon on TBS! I also have a small leg lamp that I got has a joke. I have never put it up though.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageKLJ3:
    imagewmorgan003:
    imageKLJ3:
    imagebananers:

You make me feel better about the fact that the babies in my dreams usually turn into kittens. But I would give up both puppies AND kittens for a unicorn.

Hahaha... I usually have puppies, or sometimes toddlers. Rarely do I give birth to an actual newborn in my dream. Two nights ago my "newborn" had long curly brown hair. 

BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Options
    imagemissiongirl78:

My UO is especially unpoplar but here goes...

I hate belly pics on Facebook.  I think it's awkward. In particular, I have this one FB friend who lifts up her shirt and shows her actual skin every time she posts a pic of her belly.  I mean, really?  Do we all need to see you uncovered body???  Keep that to yourself.  I enjoy sharing my pregnancy with my friends and family, but I am not planning posting any pictures of fatty pregnant body for the world to see. Sorry.

This annoys me much less than the pictures people post nearly naked in bikinis. I love pregnant bellies. I think that they are beautiful and the idea of them is beautiful. If you post a picture of yourself in a bikini or other nearly-non-existent outfit, I think that you are an AW who needs to put some clothes on.

• Options
    imagebananers:

image5953fpp:

Agreed...

And, just so you know, my computer was almost sprayed with water at the phrase hermaphordite unicorn.  priceless....

• Options
    Mine is constant fb updating. You may be my fb friend but I dont care that you baked two loaves of bread and mopped your wood floors today, or that your kid wont take a nap, or that youre sitting down to watch a movie.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'm joining late to the party but I don't see why people are obsessed with Chick-fil-a. Sure, it tastes good and the sauces are good but it's not THAT awesome. I expect this wont go over well with most people Wink 

imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

• Options
    imagePetraStonegirl:

I am always bitterly disappointed that it's never a hermaphrodite unicorn. 

Well I wasn't before but I will be from now on!

Kim 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imageHoolahZinger:

I'm joining late to the party but I don't see why people are obsessed with Chick-fil-a. Sure, it tastes good and the sauces are good but it's not THAT awesome. I expect this wont go over well with most people Wink 

I am a Chick-fil-a lover. But, I think mostly because I don't have it where I live, so it's a special treat that when I happen to visit an area that has it, it's like, I MUST HAVE IT- kind of deal. 

I do however, feel the same way as you with In-n-Out. It's just "eh" to me. 
    image ~~~Jan 31st, 2010. Back together again.~~~
  • Options
    imagesmiles325:
    imageHoolahZinger:

I am a Chick-fil-a lover. But, I think mostly because I don't have it where I live, so it's a special treat that when I happen to visit an area that has it, it's like, I MUST HAVE IT- kind of deal. 

I agree with In-N-Out. It's good but I don't get the obsession. We went on Tuesday with my sis and BIL and I really wanted to go somewhere else but everyone wanted it.  

imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

• Options

I get annoyed with the multiple, "Is this the baby kicking?" threads. There have seriously been so many of them. I find it hard to believe that at some point during their bump time, they haven't opened up a similar thread and read what the poster was describing and when they finally experienced it themselves, they couldn't relate? No, they had to go ahead and create another thread. 

Now, I get it. It's very exciting to feel the baby. And for FTM's, I know it can be hard to pin-point it and it's nice to have the reassurance from others that it is indeed what they are feeling. But, lets be honest here. It is a form of wanting attention. They could simply google it or look up past threads of someone else who had mentioned the same thing and contribute to that. 

• Options
    imagesmiles325:
    imageHoolahZinger:

I don't get the In-n-Out obsession either.  DH is from California and everyone makes such a big deal about it there.  I finally got him to admit recently that it really isn't THAT amazing.  Now, Chick-fil-A is a whole other story.... maybe because I don't know of anywhere else to get a chicken biscuit for breakfast (and sometimes it's just a random indulgence I enjoy - I blame living in Atlanta for 7 years). 

**BFP 6/2/2015
    Toddler Boy 5/24/2013
  • Options

I'm just curious, and truly not trying to be snarky. What is considered acceptable by most of the May moms? Obviously not finding out the sex, not fb announcements, not questions about first time flutters, not vents about family/husbands/etc., nothing that is easily found on google, nothing that could be construed as begging attention... pretty much any post that sets you out as an individual hoping for a response even if the topic is very general is complained about.

What is considered post worthy, when you're not in crisis? (I say that, because I know how supportive everyone is when someone IS in crisis. Across the board, support, and that is awesome.)

I know you can't please everyone (and really, why would you try on a message board), but there seems to be a pretty big consensus on how annoying most posts are, so I'm left curious as to what is interesting to people. 

• Options
    imagekmcd23:

I'm just curious, and truly not trying to be snarky. What is considered acceptable by most of the May moms? Obviously not finding out the sex, not fb announcements, not questions about first time flutters, not vents about family/husbands/etc., nothing that is easily found on google, nothing that could be construed as begging attention... pretty much any post that sets you out as an individual hoping for a response even if the topic is very general is complained about.

What is considered post worthy, when you're not in crisis? (I say that, because I know how supportive everyone is when someone IS in crisis. Across the board, support, and that is awesome.)

I know you can't please everyone (and really, why would you try on a message board), but there seems to be a pretty big consensus on how annoying most posts are, so I'm left curious as to what is interesting to people. 

I don't think it's the subject matter that tends to get annoying.  It's more of the amount of posts that say the same thing, over & over again.  When you log on and see 15 posts titled "It's a..." or "FB announcement", etc. it gets to be a little redundant.  But, I'm not the boss around here, so post what you want.  If I don't want to read it, I just don't open it.

• Options
    imageHoolahZinger:
    imagesmiles325:
    imageHoolahZinger:

I agree with In-N-Out. It's good but I don't get the obsession. We went on Tuesday with my sis and BIL and I really wanted to go somewhere else but everyone wanted it.  

I LOVE in-n-out. I don't normally eat burgers, in fact, I've never ate a burger at either mcdonalds or burger king (I know, I know, blasphemy and very weird), but I will eat a burger at in-n-out. It's not so much the burger itself, but the customizability and freshness of the burger. It already comes with lettuce, onions and tomatoes if you want it, which is unheard of at most fast food places, but you can change it to be grilled onions! Plus, I love the fact I can see them making their fries right then and there with whole potatoes and you can order them extra crispy. 

• Options
    imagekmcd23:

That's a fair question. And for me personally, everything is acceptable. If it's asking a question, and someone had just recently asked it, it's sort of rude to try to take preference over other bumpies and have them come to your thread. You (generally speaking) can scroll down and see if someone had recently asked your same concern/question. You can then contribute to that post. 

It is just overwhelming to see the same posts being posted over and over and over again. You are most likely not to get a response if it's asking the same thing. 

Kind of like when we were all in the 1st tri and the typical question's were, "Am I pregnant?", "Is this morning sickness?" etc etc. 

I don't mind the multiple threads from people posting about what sex their baby is, ultrasound pics etc. I think those are fun and it's obviously an announcement to all of these other women who have shared their own personal exciting news. 

I'm not going to flame anyone for posting the same questions over and over again, I just don't read them/don't post in them. :-( 

Edited to fix some typos. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"