Babies: 6 - 9 Months

8 teeth at 6 months, is that weird?

My son has his 8th tooth popping through right now. People seemed to be alarmed by this. How rare is it? Seems like everyone we know is in complete shock and disbelief, but he's our first kid, so we have no idea. He got his first 2 teeth at 3.5 months, and then the top 4 at 5 months, and now 2 more on the bottom at 6 months. I have no idea what to expect next! Just wondering if anyone else out there had a similar experience, since everyone seems to think my kid is a rarity.
Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: 8 teeth at 6 months, is that weird?

• Not that rare. I know 3 babies that had tons of teeth by 6 months.
  • I don't have a similar situation, but thought I'd let you know I have a chart that I found awhile ago that says the front top and bottom teeth come around 6 months so "average" is likely only 2-4 teeth at 6 months. FYI - My son is 6 months next week and has two.  

I've decided to go for the rule of thumb that all babies are different and don't always fall in line with "average", and, people tend to compare their own child to yours and if your child is "off" from theirs, can make you feel like your child's development is abnormal.  PS - my pedi said that he once delivered a baby that had a tooth. 

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Our pedi said that most babies get their first teeth at 6 mos, but that it is often however/whenever the parents got their teeth. DH and I both got our first tooth at 7 months and sure enough, both of our babies have gotten their bottom two teeth in the last 3 weeks. I know 11 month olds with only 2 teeth and a friend that had her baby 12 hours before our twins has a son with 6 teeth now!

Wedding Fall 2007 Off OCP's since 9/08-started with BBT charts Saw Ob/gyn May 2009 Blood work normal except single copy of MTHFR Clomid 50mg May 2009 Clomid 50mg + IUI June 2009 Femara 5mg + IUI July 2009 Normal HSG July 2009 Femara 5mg + ovidrel+IUI August 2009 Femara 5mg +ovidrel + IUI September 2009 November 2009-normal lap December 2009-met with RE December/January-Injectible med cycle with IUI-Abnormal sperm morpology found-only 0-1% normal All Head defects. Jan/Feb 2010 1st IVF with ICSI-5 week chemical pregnancy :( Feb 2010-male infertility doc says DH's anatomy and blood work are normal so nothing he can do. :( FET July 2010-BFP! Twin m/c @ 5.5 wks :( Dec/Jan 2011 IVF #2 Only 4 eggs retrieved-Ganirelix dose messed up BFFN Feb/March 2011 IVF #3 ER 3/9 9 eggs, 7 fertilized, ET 3/14, No frosties. BFN IVF #4 ER 8/22 9R,7F ET 8/25-3 embies, 1 frostie! Beta 9/2= 54, 9/6=274, 9/8=625, 9/12=2953, 9/16 greater than 10,000. B/G TWINS born April 2012 @ 36wks & 1 day! July 2014-going back for the frozen embryo! ET 7/28, heartbeat seen at 6wks1day with SCH. Miscarriage confirmed at 6wks4days

• Wow!!! Dd is 8 mos and hasn't gotten a tooth yet! I don't think its weird! Every babe is different.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My guy has 7.. a friend at work has a boy who is a year old and just got his first two and another has a 9 month old who just got the first one...  nothing to worry about at all
  • imagesilvie25:
    Wow!!! Dd is 8 mos and hasn't gotten a tooth yet! I don't think its weird! Every babe is different.

The little boy I nanny for will be 8 months in a few days and in the last few weeks has gotten his first tooth.  

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, [email protected], 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo [email protected]

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Our DS had 8 teeth at 7 months.  People also seem shocked when he smiles and he's got a mouthful of pearly whites.  Our pedi wasn't alarmed at his last appointment.  I think it's pretty good...until you get bit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"