September 2012 Moms

In the hospital. Updated: surgery today

So I'm in the hospital. They're not sure what's wrong, other than I have a couple gallstones and my white blood count is high. I thought I was having a gall bladder attack, so I came in.

I really miss DS :[ he's with my parents tonight and i want to snuggle him! Tomorrow the dr decides if I need surgery or not, and if I need to stay tomorrow or not.

Anita, I know you had your gall bladder out. Did anyone else? Any suggestions? I'm hating this!

Update: surgery is happening this afternoon. I wasn't given any restrictions as far as lifting DS afterwards, so hopefully I am able to snuggle him tomorrow when I go home!
Little B 9.20.12

Re: In the hospital. Updated: surgery today

• Aw that sucks. Hope they figure it all out and you are back to snuggling soon. You're in my prayers.
  • Hope you feel better soon.
    ~The Bumpie formerly known as SpartyMom2B~

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry you're going through this. I hope they get it figured out and you can get back to your little guy asap.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• :[ feel better and hope you get to snuggle your little soon!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • :[ feel better and hope you get to snuggle your little soon!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • T&P for answers and a quick recovery.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hope you feel better!

I had mine out when I was 15 and was home watching soaps by noon!
  • imageanitalynn:
    Eat low fat foods. Sadly I only ate broth, apple juice and graham crackers from when Jack was born until I had my gallbladder removed about 3 weeks after he was born.

Accept help. Picking your LO up will be hard or impossible at first. Sleep in a chair the first few nights, the gas from the laporacscopic procedure hurts likehell. Ask for BFing safe meds if you are BFing. But take your meds! It's easier to stay on top of the pain instead of chasing it.

After about 10 days I could pick Jack up with tolerable pain. 3 weeks until pain went away completely.

Jack was a big baby and my epis didn't really work. I pushed for 3 hours. But recovery from childbirth was easy for me. Gallbladder surgery was harder for me to recover from :[

GL!!

This makes me nervous :/. I had a c section and thought it wasn't too bad to recover from.

I just hate feeling this terrible, and not being able to take care of DS. I'm not BFing, so at least I don't have to worry about him taking a bottle or pumping.
    Little B 9.20.12
  • I just said a prayer for you, I hope it goes well and that you have a smooth recovery.
  • TandPs for you!! I hope they can figure everything out quickly and you feel better soon!

Anniversary

• Get better soon! I hope things go well for you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesweetiebird726:
    imageanitalynn:
    Eat low fat foods. Sadly I only ate broth, apple juice and graham crackers from when Jack was born until I had my gallbladder removed about 3 weeks after he was born.

Accept help. Picking your LO up will be hard or impossible at first. Sleep in a chair the first few nights, the gas from the laporacscopic procedure hurts likehell. Ask for BFing safe meds if you are BFing. But take your meds! It's easier to stay on top of the pain instead of chasing it.

After about 10 days I could pick Jack up with tolerable pain. 3 weeks until pain went away completely.

Jack was a big baby and my epis didn't really work. I pushed for 3 hours. But recovery from childbirth was easy for me. Gallbladder surgery was harder for me to recover from :[

GL!!

This makes me nervous :/. I had a c section and thought it wasn't too bad to recover from.

I just hate feeling this terrible, and not being able to take care of DS. I'm not BFing, so at least I don't have to worry about him taking a bottle or pumping.

I would have to agree with Anita on everything except recovery seemed to be much easier for me. After about 3 days I wasn't taking any pain meds and was up and moving around, it was hard to bend move around quickly but within about 10 days I was fully recovered. With my second child I had a csection and although I had a fairly easy recovery with this I would say the recovery from having my gall bladder removed was 10x easier! Probably because the incisions from my gall bladder surgery were tiny compared to my csection scar.

Good luck and I hope everything goes well!
  • Haven't had them, but I hope all goes well.

IUI#3 brought us our dragon baby Z

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

TTCAL January 2015 Siggy Challenge: Animal Snow Interactions 

• Good luck and hope that they make a quick decision for you so you can be with your ds soon.
                  image     image
  • Comforting thoughts to you. Keep us posted when you can. 
    Adiah Catherine ~ September 6, 2012

• Feel better!

• I hope they figure something out for you. GL!

• Thinking of you.  Feel better soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm sorry - hope you get out soon and can return to snuggling your baby!

Emilia Antoinette
    10.03.12 at 41w5d Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hope you feel better soon!

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• I had mine out on 11/16. As a pp said, the gas from the procedure will cause some discomfort. I could feel it up into my shoulders, and it was definitely uncomfortable to lay down, so I slept propped up on pillows until I was almost sitting up for the first night. I was too sore to pick up my LO for about the first 4 days, but this was mainly due to the pain around the incisions themselves (they were small, but tender!) I was really nervous for this procedure for some reason, but it turned out to be quite easy, and I am so glad that I had it done. I took my pain meds for the first 2 days, and didn't feel as if I needed them after that. GL and feel better!
    BFP #1 on 6/23/11. Missed m/c. D&C on 8/18/11. BFP #2 on 1/1/12!EDD=9/13/12-Hang on baby! image
  • Good luck. I hope everything gets figured out soon.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Ugh, that sucks. I hope whether or not you have surgery you feel better soon!
    Met DH - Aug 2001 :: Married - Jan 2010 :: DD born - Sept 2012

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Thanks everyone. I'm still waiting to talk to the surgeon, but there's a possibility I can go home and schedule the surgery as an outpatient procedure. It depends on what the surgeon thinks whether I need it out today.

I'm in the new hospital in my area, and it is GORGEOUS. The TV and internet is free, unlike the hospital I had DS at. I missed being able to deliver here by 9 days, but I will definitely be looking here for next time!

As far as ER experiences go, it was the most pleasant I have ever had, so at least I'm comfortable with where I'm at.

I will update this when I have more info!
    Little B 9.20.12
  • Thanks for the vote of confidence Anita. I spoke to the surgeon, and am feelin better about the procedure.

Surgery is happening in a couple hours, see you all on the other side!
    Little B 9.20.12
  • Hope everything goes well! TPs to you!

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• At least the hospital is nice! T&Ps for a speedy recovery!
  • T's P's mama.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Quick recovery prayers headed your way!  mommys' need snuggle time!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"