Trying to Get Pregnant

Sex while company is staying at your house?

I've always been apprehensive about having sex while there is company staying at our house, family or friends, it doesn't matter. I want to know how the rest of you feel. Do you think it's weird to be having sex down the hall while parents or siblings are staying in a guest room? Do your opinions change during your fertile window? My DH doesn't have a problem at all and gets upset when I don't want to sometimes. The one time we had sex while my mom was visiting she thought we were arguing because DH was kind of loud O.o
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sex while company is staying at your house?

• We've only been in the opposite situation- having sex (b/c of FW) at families house. As long as you're not sharing a wall I don't think its too weird

• Lol! I'm exactly the same way!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Ninja sex.  It's fun.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• imagesunlavender:
    Ninja sex.  It's fun.

This definitely made me laugh!  

• imageColeRose:

If it is during my FW I don't give a crap if we have company over or if we are staying somewhere else. Bathrooms and closets are our best friends. We are super quiet though, I think it is tacky to have loud sex when company is around. Seriously, who wants to hear that? Especially parents.

This is exactly what I think, and why I suppose I feel the way I do. DH 'forgets' sometimes or just doesn't think about it until it's too late. 

• I don't have a problem with it at our house because our bedroom is in the basement and far away from our guest rooms, but over Thanksgiving we were visiting family and our room shared a wall with MIL's room in an old house with very thin walls ( I could hear her snoring like she was in the room with us) I couldn't get in the mood it was too weird for me.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imagesunlavender:
    Ninja sex.nbsp; It's fun.

I literally lol'd! I know all about "ninja sex" we lived with my IL's for a few months after we got married. Just imagine being newly weds, and living with the IL's.....yeah "ninja sex" for sure! Lol
  • I say if people are at my house then I can have sex if I want obviously quietly, I feel weird having sex at someone else's house, although I've done it before. If its during my FW then ill have sex wherever
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since May 2011-Me 26 DH 24
    BFP 7.01.2011 c/p @ 4wks3.2012 Metformin 500mg for irregular cycles
  • imageBMnatz11:

imagesunlavender:
    Ninja sex.  It's fun.

This definitely made me laugh!  

^ agreed, cracked me up!

When my mom came to visit us in our tiny apartment we had sex. We were super quiet, but it was bed time so it wasn't like we were gonna go get it on at 3pm or anything obvious. lol 

• imagedoodiebug18:
    I say if people are at my house then I can have sex if I want obviously quietly, I feel weird having sex at someone else's house, although I've done it before. If its during my FW then ill have sex wherever

All of this!

• DH and I just turn down the volume when there is company. It doesn't take a lot to remember to be quiet, just respect for your guests who may feel uncomfortable if they hear you.
    Married: 4/2012 ~ DS: 11/2013

• We haven't had overnight guest since we've been TTC so it's never been a timing issue.  I wouldn't get all loud and rowdy, but if it was during our FW it's on.  We usually are the ones traveling so it depends on where we go and where we're staying.  I'm not a fan of other people's houses, we've had quickies on the road before arriving.

• DH's uncle stayed a couple weeks ago and slept on the couch and we had sex very quietly in our bedroom that night. The next morning when DH and his uncle went hunting, his uncle mentioned that he could hear what we were saying (and doing). We need a bigger house Embarrassed
    DD1 born 11.23.10
    DD2 born 4.16.14
  • We normally don't do it when we have company unless its FW. Get creative if you need to I was really paranoid that our bed was too loud so we'd normally do something like sex with me sitting on the bathroom counter or something.
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • Just pretend you are in college. Sex away.
  • Do what you gotta do to make it happen.  My FW was over Thanksgiving weekend and we had guests over but we made it happen anyways.  We were just more quiet than usual and turned the TV on.  Good luck
    ***SIGGY WARNING***

DX: Unexplained
    6 Failed IUIs (Clomid and Gonal F).  
    IVF #1 began August 2013- BC, 4 days of Estrace, stimmed with Gonal F and Menopur, Ganirelix, 9R 5M 5F, Medrol and Doxycycline, 5 day transfer of 2 early blastocysts- good quality, Progesterone, Estrace, and baby aspirin, BETA on 9/20 BFN,   IVF #2 began September 2013, stimming with Gonal F (higher dose) and Menopur, Ganirelix, 18R 14M 9F with ICSI, 5 day transfer of 2 BBs one was starting to hatch, 2 frosties: 1  BB and 1 AC, BETA on 10/21, BFN BETA was a 5- chemical 
    Getting some more testing and trying to figure out what the issue is before FET in December, started acupuncture on 11/10, RLP and some other BW nothing major to report except slightly high Prolactin. Prolactin was slightly high when I started with my RE and I already had an MRI which was Neg.  Endo biopsy=negative.  WTF is wrong with us???
    12/18/13 FET of 1 BB and 1 AC.  Hoping for a miracle.  Beta 12/26 Low BETA-8 2nd BETA 5- chemical
    After 3 failed transfers IDK where to go from here.  Still no real answers as to why this isn't working.  Getting a second opinion in February and looking into immune testing.  
    2/14- NEW RE- Immune testing showed a partial dq alpha match with DH- On prednisone and did intralipids prior to transfer.  3/14 Lupron, gonal f, menopur, HGH.  ER 15 mature all 15 fertilized!  5dt of an early blast grade 1 and an expanded blast grade 2.  BETA on 4/21.  1 grade 2 embryo frozen
    BETA #1 59 BETA #2 148 BETA #3 283 BETA #4 2,783! US at 6w2d shows 1 bean measuring right on track! HR 121.  US at 8w3d measuring on track HR 177. Released form my RE.  EDD 12/28

All Welcome
  • imagebakes4u:
    Just pretend you are in college. Sex away.

Should they put a sock on the door?

imageimageimage

• imageColeRose:

If it is during my FW I don't give a crap if we have company over or if we are staying somewhere else. Bathrooms and closets are our best friends. We are super quiet though, I think it is tacky to have loud sex when company is around. Seriously, who wants to hear that? Especially parents.

I say, the louder the better.  That way they can cheer you on!

imageimageimage

• Meh, it's no big deal to us. We don't get a lot of company staying over, but it's never stopped us when we do. Granted, we lived with DH's parents for 10 months when we were engaged, so we know how to be stealthy.

• It's your house and you're adults. HIO!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy%20ticker
  • We have a no sex while guests are over rule. DH couldn't care less, it's me that has an issue with it. I just can't.

image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have sex while company is over. We just turn the tv on and try to be as quiet as possible!!! Wouldn't want to waste my FW!!
    Married since 10/2011
    TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Dx: No Sperm Count

History:
    Referred to RE after SA results
    HSG, bloodwork, and U/S all good
    3 Non-Medicated IUIs + 1 Clomid IUI w/ Trigger = All BFNs

Today:
    Dr says 2 more Clomid IUIs until we move to IVF

Our Fur-baby Shelby

My Ovulation Chart

• Go for it! My husband and I have done it a few times and each time we wound up laughing so hard when one of us made a loud-ish noise. It was silly and fun. :) 
  • imagesunlavender:

imagebakes4u:

A tie, duh!

BFP#1: 08/30/12 EDD 04/30/12 m/c 09/04/12 6wks
    BFP#2: 01/27/13 EDD 10/06/13 missed m/c 02/25/13 9wks
    BFP#3: 10/30/13 EDD 07/05/14 Our little dude was born on 07/10/14 @ 2:19p <3

• I wouldn't care who's in the house during my FW...
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagebewilderingstar:
    imagesunlavender:

imagebakes4u:

A tie, duh!

A sock or a tie is acceptable. Better yet leave the door open it's college anything goes!

• MH has no problem with it, but I just can't get in the mood when I know we have parents/siblings sleeping across the hall. If it was my FW though, all bets would be off.
    Wallace is a big brother!
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Consider it practice for when you have kids old enough to get it.
  • We rarely have house guests, but if it was during my FW, I would totally go for it. If it wasn't during FW, I might think twice, but I've done it before when the IL's were visiting. We were just very quiet.. I hope :)

• I would have sex in front of my company if it meant a bfp that cycle.
    Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • imageCiderWench:
    I would have sex in front of my company if it meant a bfp that cycle.

Hahaha I love it!  

• imageCiderWench:
    I would have sex in front of my company if it meant a bfp that cycle.

Yup! 

TTC since March 2012 703641_497247786974599_1318392816_o 602828_513255402040504_2045604480_n
  • At my own house, no biggie, I'd just keep it down.  At someone else's house - it would depend on the person.
  • If people are good enough friends to be coming to our house, they already know that we are very physically affectionate. Our friends are all very open minded. And if it's during the fertile window, there is NO way that we are missing out on that chance!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Both sets of parents are going to be here at Christmas, and it might be our FW. They do so much b!tching about wanting a grandchild that I don't think I'll have a problem if we need to HIO.
    Pregnancy Ticker

TTC #1 since June 2012
    Me (28) - DOR (AFC <10, undetectable AMH, >10 FSH), homozygous E429A MTHFR
    DH (29) - MFI low count and morphology

September 2013 IUI#1 - Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    October 2013 IUI#2 - Letrozole + Menopur + Trigger + IUI = BFN

Nov 2013 IVF/ICSI #1 - Protocol: BCP prep, high doses Menopur and Bravelle (12 days), ganirelex
    Results: 5 retrieved / mature, 4 fertilized, 1 arrested and 3 complex abnormal after day 3 PGS = Cancelled after ER
    Jan/Feb 2014 IVF/ICSI #2 - Protocol: Estrogen priming, high doses Menopur and Bravelle (11 days), microdose lupron
    Results: Cancelled after 11 days of stims due to low response and E2 levels
    Feb 2014 IVF/ICSI #3 - Protocol: No prep, low dose Menopur (6 days), ganirelex, Bravelle booster with trigger
    Results: 1 retrieved / 0 mature = Cancelled after ER

Officially moving on to embryo adoption! We used and love Embryo Adoption Services of Cedar Park
    October 2014 FET #1 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 4 from match #1, BFN
    December 2014 FET #2 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 4 from match #1, BFN
    March 2015 FET #3 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 6 from match #2, BFN
    May 2015 FET #4 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, lost 2 to thaw, transferred 2 of 6 from match #2, BFN
    October 2015 FET #5 - Natural cycle, lost 1 from match #3 and 1 from clinic backup to thaw, transferred 1 backup, BFN
    February 2016 FET #6 - Natural cycle, transferred 1 from match #4, B FREAKING P!
    Beta 1 = 162, Beta 2 = 316, doubling just over 48 hours

• imagesunlavender:
    Ninja sex.  It's fun.

Haha! I will be doing that this weekend. My mom and little brother are staying with us during my FW.

• We do all the time. Last summer we were heard having sex in the shower. We thought our friends had went to bed on the other end of the house. It was 3am. We were tipsy. The next day the ragged our asses about it. I am thankful it was our two closest friends. They still make snide jokes at inappropriate times and we all bust out laughing.

My brother and SIL were here three weeks ago. DH and I had sex a few times that weekend. We don't care. We're adults. We're in our home.
  • We have an 8 yr old. It is always sun pattened ninja sex. Shower sex is great!

***DD 5/15/2004***TTC #2 Since March 2012***Severe MFI*** LameBlog ***

CafeMom Tickers
  • Just keep it down.  I think its exciting when you have to be a little sneaky!  I definitely wouldn't miss it during my FW.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"