April 2013 Moms

Fender Bender Help ....

I posted the on the 2 tri board with not responce so trying here too! 

I am sure this question has been asked a million time but this is easier that looking through 100's of posts.

Anyway, I am 20 weeks and was in a VERY minor fender bender tonight, I was stopped and she was going 10-15 MPH (maybe) I had my seatbelt on, there was absolutly no damage to either car and I feel fine.

So far no cramping, spotting or anything strange. My stomach is a little upset but I think that is just due to nerves and my adrenaline.

Thoughts?!? Do I need to make an ER visit or just wait it out and watch for cramping and/or spotting. I don't have consistant movement yet but I am pretty sure she was moving around like crazy once I got home, but being a FTM those movements are till very new to me and I am never 100% sure exactly what I am feeling.

Thanks for anything!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Fender Bender Help ....

• I think you might be okay with waiting it out. But at the first sign of anything strange I would make a trip to the ER. 

Good luck!!! 

• I would wait it out. I was in the er for bleeding at 14 weeks. During that visit I was told that the er can not do anything for a baby in utero prior to 23 weeks. Up until that time they will only take measures to ensure the mothers health and safety. If you are feeling fine then there really is not much they will do. You will most likely be given piece of mind however as the did do a sonogram when I went although I didn't get to see the screen. I know your situation is different than mine but. I was basically told that unless my life, health, or safety was at risk they couldn't really do anything. Good luck and tp that all is well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I had this happen at 14 wks. My car was fine; his car was trashed he hit me. I went to the ER, both for pregnancy and non pg reason. I was taught that you always go, to get things documented, in case you have injuries or pains later. Unfortunately I've been in many car accidents that weren't my fault so I learned this one the hard way.

They did give me a u/s and then the next day my doc had me come in to hear the heartbeat. I found it very reassuring.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"