Baby Names

Maisie

I recently read a mystery novel with a Maisie and I really like it. It was set in the 20s and Maisie is apparently the Scottish diminutive of Margaret. DH likes Margaret but not Maisie. It probably won't happen, but I'm just wondering what you all think.  :)

DD is Zoe Katherine. Our last name is a 2-syllable Welsh/English-sounding name.

PS I'm new to this board. :)
DD#1 - 12/09  
DD#2 - 7/13  
Baby #3 due 1/19, m/c 6/18  
DD#3 due 12/19!

Re: Maisie

• imagemj.reilly:

Welcome and congrats!

Maisie is NMS, but I think it makes a fine nn. Love Margaret.

I don't like Maisie as a stand alone name at all, though.

Thanks for the feedback. I voted on your list and I like your style! :) 
    DD#1 - 12/09  
    DD#2 - 7/13  
    DD#3 due 12/19!

• Maisie is a cute name, but very little girlish to me.  I vote Margaret, then you can NN however you/she wants.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • It is my cats name :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Would you pronounce it maisie like macey? Or like maizie? The little girl I take care of is mazie Ann grace (for amazing grace) took some getting used to but I am in love with it now.  Would name my own dd that if I wasn't so close to this little girl.
  • Sorry, not big on it. Way too cutesy for me, and I don't like the flow with your DD's name.

I love Margaret, though. Some NN suggestions:

Zoe and Meg

Zoe and Maggie

Zoe and Greta

• I like Maizie as a nn with the formal name of Margaret. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My granny went by Mayzie by her close friends and family. Her real name was May. I think it's cute and spicy. My granny was a feisty lady with a lot of character.
  • Like others, I like it as a nickname for Margaret but am not crazy about it as a stand alone name.
    Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • I've only heard it on pets so it reminds me of a lap dog, sorry!
  • Thanks for the feedback everyone! :
    DD#1 - 12/09  
    DD#2 - 7/13  
    DD#3 due 12/19!

• I love Maisie as a nick name for margret. A friend of mine growing up had this name. It is very cutesy but using a formal name she could grow in to would be perfect.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Love: March 2010  Marriage: July 2013  Debt Free: October 2014  TTC: April 2015
     BFP: April 10, 2016 EDD: December 19, 2016 Team Blue!
    Oscar born November 20, 2016 at 35w6d

• I actually really like it.  I'd probably go with Mae as a shorter, more mature name if it didn't seem to age well through the years.  That being said, we chose Piper for our girl name which many think doesn't age well.  Doesn't really bother me.
  • I like Maisie as a NN for Margaret but I love Margo so if I used the name Margaret I'd pick Margo.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"