August 2013 Moms

Hello

Ladies, so glad to be joining you! I got my BFP yesterday and looks like our first LO will be here around August 11. Is anyone else waiting till Christmas to tell family? I'm trying to decide the best way to spring the news. Any suggestions?
  Blessed Mama to the sweetest boy in the world (11/9/13), one angel baby, and two fur babies: Mattie Dog and Stanley Cat.

Re: Hello

• Congrats and welcome!!! This will be my first baby as well :) 

I'm also waiting til around Christmas to tell my family.  So far only DH and my sister know.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congratulations! We are also having our first Baby too! I'm trying my darndest to keep this in until Christmas. My hubby and I have talked of a few ways to tell, but by sure yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome and congrats!

image imageimage

Always in my heart: BFP 9/6/12 - M/C 9/25/12
  • Congrats and welcome!! This is our first as well. I've spilled the beans to 2 girlfriends but we are waiting til Christmas to tell our families. I actually ordered a custom frame off etsy today that says... The best parents get promoted to grandparents. I'm going to put a sonogram pic in it!

Happy and healthy 9 months to u!!!
  • Hi n congrats to u all?? This is my first little one n we r so excited. I'm waiting to Christmas to tell most of my family too.
  • Welcome and congrats...we are waiting until Christmas as well. Only a few close girlfriends know and my sis....I am so excited...I have 3 kids so this is our 4th. I am going to give mom a picture of all three kids with the youngest in the middle holding the sonogram that I am having done on the 20th of December.
  • This is our first LO too and we are telling everyone in Christmas as well. I'm wearing a shirt that has a gingerbread cookie on it and says cookie in the oven due in August and see who notices first. Welcome to the board and congrats!!
  • Lots of cute, cute ideas!  My DH talked about Christmastime too.  Augusts have a pretty good spot because Christmas is the holiday closest to a great time to break the news.  It will be hard to keep it from my mom, but I was thinking about getting little "best grandma in the word" outfits/bibs for my mom and MIL as gifts from us.  It will be tough though because my SIL is ALSO pregnant and due in April.  Cute idea about the gingerbread t-shirt.
    "Once you are real, you can't become unreal again.  It lasts for always." ~ The Velveteen Rabbit

*8.3.13*  mc @ 6-7 weeks {natural mc at 12 weeks}
    *3.14.14*  mc @ 5-6 weeks DnC {blood clotting disorder discovered}
    *8.7.14* mc @ 6 weeks DnC {uterine septum removed March '14)
    *3.17.15* mc @ 7 weeks DnC {genetic testing & meeting with a new RE in Jan '15}
    *8.31.16* mc @ 8 weeks DnC {genetic testing, new medications upon next pregnancy}
    *7.17.16* praying everyday for my rainbow baby {progesterone supplements, blood thinning injections}

• This is our first little one as well. We are so excited and hopeful that it will be a sticky baby! We plan on telling out immediate family on Christmas Eve.. Haven't figured out how yet!
  • Hi! I'm due Aug. 3rd and I couldn't wait to tell my family. I taped my test to the inside of my motherinlaw's birthday card at Thanksgiving and she screamed. Needless to say, we're all super excited. Our first baby!
  • All of you who want to announce on Christmas Eve should buy each recipient a tshirt with their new title and wrap it. Ex. Grandpa, Nana, etc. Or if you have a child already, they can wear a shirt that says "I'm going to be a big sister/brother"...family will catch on. Good luck to all of us
  • I think I was way more eager to tell people when I was pregnant with my first. This time around, I really like the idea of keeping it between DH and me for as long as possible. We will be waiting until Jan/Feb to even tell our parents.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"