April 2012 Moms

Wrapping presents

Dumb question. Are you wrapping all of LO's Christmas presents? It just seems so silly to wrap them when I know he can't unwrap them yet. I honestly find the whole "giving him a present" thing at all this year quite silly, but everyone says we have to wait until 12/25 to let him play with the toys we got him.

We got him one large toy that we plan to assembly, store in the basement, and drag back out on Christmas Eve to put under the tree. The rest are other smaller toys. I get that it'll look good in photos, but it still seems silly.

And if you are wrapping everything, are you wrapping all of the stocking gifts, too? I don't think I can go that far, since it'll be really dumb stuff like shampoo, wipes, and diaper disposal bags! Am I just being a grinch?

Micah Leonard
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Wrapping presents

• I actually think our LO is going to love unwrapping his gifts. He loves paper and flipping through pages of magazines to crinkle the paper. I don't think I would wrap all the small stocking stuffers though!
  • I sure am. She will love tearing them apart. lol 
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh, he loves eating paper, but I know it will get old fast. Plus, I'm not sure how I feel about all of the dyes in my cheap wrapping paper.
    Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • When I was growing up some of our presents were wrapped and two or three were always unwrapped.  I do the same for my kids.  I even wrapped gifts for DS's first Christmas when we was 2 weeks old!  It was more fun for me :)

I don't wrap gifts that go in the stocking. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're actually not getting LO gifts at all. We can't afford it and we're at the ILs this year and my MIL goes crazy overboard--to the point where a few weeks ago, DD informed me that we don't give presents; "Grandma and Santa do."

I'm sure MIL will wrap LO's presents, but DD didn't like/fully understand unwrapping presents until she was 2. We're just going to let him play in the paper and the boxes.

A word of caution, though, be very watchful if they put the paper in their mouths. You don't want them swallowing a piece of tape.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Some we will wrap and some we won't. He loves paper so I think he will have fun unwrapping. We. won't wrap anything in his stocking.
  • We practiced with a gift DH wrapped for me to open early for vacation next week. She just kind of pulled at it. I think we will loosely wrap some presents, but not every single one...
  • I love wrapping presents so we're wrapping everything!  Well, we only got DS a w.a.g.o.n. (DH says I'm crazy for spelling it, but I SWEAR DS knows what I'm talking about).  But it's in a huge box and it's wrapped now under the tree and he's already tried to unwrap it several times.  He'll get a few little things in his stocking that I'll probably wrap too.  DS is the first grandbaby for my parents so my mom has already let me know she's gone overboard and I'm sure everything there will be wrapped too just waiting for him to tear up.  The only difference this year is I don't plan on putting any ribbons on any of the gifts under our tree, just paper and bows.
  • We got her a lot of presents, and I (errr, my Mom) wrapped them all. I'll wrap her stocking stuffers, too. I LOVE Christmas... and she loves wrapping paper, so I think it's going to be a lot of fun!

• I'm wrapping most. We got her a huge activity block thing and I'm just going to stick a bow on that one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"