3rd Trimester

Sizing U/S

So I'm going for a sizing U/S on Tuesday.

DD was 10.5 pounds. I gained 25 pounds with her, all of which was gone within 2 weeks of delivery (so I know it was all "necessary" weight).

I was expecting a big baby this time, too. I have consistently been measuring several weeks big. This week, at 35 weeks, I was measuring 39 weeks fundal height, and my belly is seriously huge (bigger, DH says, than I ever was with DD)...OK, that's expected. What I can't understand is why I've only gained 11 pounds.

Doc isn't concerned, but to me, the math doesn't add up.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Sizing U/S

• I wouldn't really worry about your weight gain considering it seems baby is growing fine.  Your body will do what it needs to do.

Why are they doing a growth U/S?  Did you have trouble at delivery last time?  

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Yes, DD was too big for my pelvis. We just want to see where we stand with this one.

I know my body will do what it needs to (and I have had two very uncomplicated and "easy" pregnancies), but unless I give birth and find out I've lost weight from pre-preg, I just don't get how big baby + extra blood + amniotic fluid + uterus + placenta etc. etc. can add up to only 11 pounds. :) I mean, DD alone was 10.5.

I guess we will see.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think your size/weight gain correlates to the baby's weight much at all.  There's such a vast difference in the amount of weight we gain, but most of us have babies between 6 and 9 lbs.

With my first I gained 50 lbs. and he was 6 lb. 6 oz.  This time I've gained about 7 lb....and she already weighs about 7 lb.!

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • I've only gained 9 pounds and I just had a growth ultrasound and baby is measuring 6 pounds 7 ounces. My belly is huge. HUGE. So, my weight gain is going to him. Sounds as if the same is happening with you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"