Working Moms
Options

quick interview help - good reasons I want to transfer

I applied for the same position I am currently in with my small local company but for an office that is opening closer to home. I applied for convenience but have been given the heads up not to say that's why I want to transfer because it is a big pet peeve with one of the people I'm interviewing with. As far as I know I will be doing the same thing there I am currently doing but a bit smaller of an office. Please help me come up with reasons that I want to transfer that sound good. I get along fine with everyone where I am now and don't want to say anything bad. Interview is first thing Monday morning. tia
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: quick interview help - good reasons I want to transfer

• Options

I'd say something that you feel very comfortable in this position, and would like to transfer to help make a strong group starting at this new location.  (It sounded better in my head... but along the lines of... you think you would be an asset in the new location, to help make a strong group of employees...) 

GL! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I see where the pp is going with it. Tell them something about fresh perspectives. I work in retail management and my company is constantly moving us around to different locations (same market of course) to mix things up a bit. One thing it does is keep us from getting complacent in our duties. For example, person A is great at one thing and person B is great at another so they never make themselves become adept at the other's strength because they don't really need to. Moving would help you learn new things, etc.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

With a smaller office, you're hoping to get exposed and possibly cross-trained to what other people do.  More opportunities for collaboration.

Guessing.  Hoping. 

• Options
    Thanks for the suggestions so far. Please keep them coming.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"