Trying to Get Pregnant

Announcing a BFP?

Yesterday there was a post from a women who thought she could possibly be PG after her first month of TTC.   She was given the advice that if she did get a BFP she should announce it on the First Tri boasr and not here bc it was bad form. 

I have seen BFP possitive posts with tons of happy responces so my question is :

Is it ok or not ok to post BFP announcments here?  Is it not ok only if you have not been TTC long? How long is long enough?  Should you never post a BFP here?

Thnaks for your advice!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Announcing a BFP?

• It is okay and welcome if you have been a regular contributor to this board. If you haven't participated much then it is considered rude to post a BFP here.

FWIW if I got my BFP this cycle I probably wouldn't post it here, I haven't been around that long.

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. DS born 10-16-13.
    TTC #2 in December 2014. BFP 12-31-14. Expecting a September baby!
  • Yea, it doesn't matter how long you have been TTC, just how active you are on the board.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It's not about how long you've been trying, but about how much a part of this community you've been. If you barely ever post and haven't taken the time to get to know anyone or offer support, there's no point waving a BFP at us.
  • It depends how long the member has been around and how often the member contributes to the forum. A 'drive by' bfp post is from a member who has a very low post count. If you have not been a productive member of the ttgp board then its best to announce in the 1st tri boards. If you are someone who has been posting often and has offered other members advise, then there is nothing wrong with sharing the good news with everyone here.
    You don't have to be trying for a long time, but its best not to post about your possible bfp if you have only posted a few times. Read the newbie link at the top of the page and it will give you advise.

photo 6aecdc21-d010-4990-8b8b-da468f75ece3_zps38a4dec0.jpgphoto 8c7926e4-3191-4d9f-8e13-2ba2d4b7296f_zps45188ab0.jpg
              Connor - 12/15/10                                     Abby - EDD 11/29/13
    Lilypie - (bLG7)
  • imageAjoyd:

It is okay and welcome if you have been a regular contributor to this board. If you haven't participated much then it is considered rude to post a BFP here.

FWIW if I got my BFP this cycle I probably wouldn't post it here, I haven't been around that long.

I don't know how much you've contributed- but if you have been contributing this month I think it would be fine to post a BFP. I've congratulated posters that have only been around a month for their BFPs on this board. I see nothing wrong with posting the announcement if people are going to recognize you.

OP- people here don't like "drive bys." A drive by is a BFP post from someone who has only posted a couple of times and no one remembers.

When the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window.
  • If your BFP is your first post on TB, then definitely go to 1st tri.

Idk why people think "yay! I'm preggly! Let me go tell all of these women who are still TRYING to get pregnant!"

OP, if you've been active on this board, ie...posted advice, asked questions, showed support to others...then a BFP post here is welcome. Otherwise, no.

Anniversary

• imageAjoyd:

It is okay and welcome if you have been a regular contributor to this board. If you haven't participated much then it is considered rude to post a BFP here.

To me that is just silly. You are here now contributing. Hopefully you are lucky enough to get a BFP sooner than later, isn't that what we all hope for? why should you not be able to share? Not everyone has the time to post as much as they would like, but you should still be able to celebrate your BFP on a board that you joined and have participated on and I am sure you have shared your fair share of congratulations. If Pregnat people can post here from time to time then I don't see why a member of this board who is here because they are actively TTC should not be able to post a BFP. The Politics of posting a BFP here is something I will never understand.
    Photobucket
  • imageLuckbeababy:
    imageAjoyd:

To me that is just silly. You are here now contributing. Hopefully you are lucky enough to get a BFP sooner than later, isn't that what we all hope for? why should you not be able to share? Not everyone has the time to post as much as they would like, but you should still be able to celebrate your BFP on a board that you joined and have participated on and I am sure you have shared your fair share of congratulations. If Pregnat people can post here from time to time then I don't see why a member of this board who is here because they are actively TTC should not be able to post a BFP. The Politics of posting a BFP here is something I will never understand.

Why can't you share on 1st tri? Since no one here would know you and no one there would know you, why does it have to be here? People will congratulate you there. If someone has 5 posts, they haven't participated here, so why not just move to first tri? They aren't "trying to get pregnant' they are pregnant. It's fine if you don't post all the time. I think we have all said congrats to many of those people that we recognize. It's when someone posts their first post on here about being pregnant. Wrong Board, you arent TTGP.

Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

• imageJilllyBean:
    imageLuckbeababy:
    imageAjoyd:

Why can't you share on 1st tri? Since no one here would know you and no one there would know you, why does it have to be here? People will congratulate you there. If someone has 5 posts, they haven't participated here, so why not just move to first tri? They aren't "trying to get pregnant' they are pregnant. It's fine if you don't post all the time. I think we have all said congrats to many of those people that we recognize. It's when someone posts their first post on here about being pregnant. Wrong Board, you arent TTGP.

Yes 

Hoping this one stays put a little longer
    BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• imageBrazilianPeach:
    imageColeRose:

imageLuckbeababy:

It really isn't that hard to understand.

No joke! It's really common sense but common sense sometimes.... well isn't all that common. Let me try this way. You go to first tri and you say "OMG I'm so pregnant!!!". You are establishing a relationship with them. You are an active member of this board and you say "OMG I'm so pregnant!!!". You are transitioning out of this board and sharing news with people who were part of this journey. You've never been here and say "OMG I'm so pregnant!!!". We don't know you and never will. Therefore the best use of that post is a gift party. And since you can, on the same website, go to a different page to start this new journey you just come across as a show off tool. ETA: DYAC!!!

THIS!!! I think you said it perfect!

• imageBrazilianPeach:
    imageColeRose:

imageLuckbeababy:

No joke! It's really common sense but common sense sometimes.... well isn't all that common. Let me try this way. You go to first tri and you say "OMG I'm so pregnant!!!". You are establishing a relationship with them. You are an active member of this board and you say "OMG I'm so pregnant!!!". You are transitioning out of this board and sharing news with people who were part of this journey. You've never been here and say "OMG I'm so pregnant!!!". We don't know you and never will. Therefore the best use of that post is a gif party. And since you can, on the same website, go to a different page to start this new journey you just come across as a show off tool. ETA: DYAC!!!

Yep. If I got a BFP this cycle I probably wouldn't even post it here because I haven't been here very long and only contribute slightly more than occasionally lol. To me, it just feels rude to throw it in the faces of all these women who are still trying. 

• imageColeRose:

imageLuckbeababy:

Well.  Obviously it is for some.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• If you have to ask, don't.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageBrazilianPeach:
    imageColeRose:

imageLuckbeababy:

No joke! It's really common sense but common sense sometimes.... well isn't all that common.
    Let me try this way. You go to first tri and you say "OMG I'm so pregnant!!!". You are establishing a relationship with them.

You are an active member of this board and you say "OMG I'm so pregnant!!!". You are transitioning out of this board and sharing news with people who were part of this journey.

You've never been here and say "OMG I'm so pregnant!!!". We don't know you and never will. Therefore the best use of that post is a gif party. And since you can, on the same website, go to a different page to start this new journey you just come across as a show off tool.

ETA: DYAC!!!

Okay, whatever you say. If you are anything less than an active member on this board and announce "OMG I am so pregnant" you are a show off and a tool, because the people here were not a part of your journey. Got it! So I participate, give advice if I have an answer that I think might be helpful, say congrats on BFP posts, participate in the occasional polls and UO's, give my opinion from time to time, do I qualify as being part of your journey and you a part of mine?
    Photobucket
  • imageSaltina11:
    If you have to ask, don't.

Exactly! Either you've lurked and posted here enough to know where you stand and if you should post, or you haven't.  

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• imageLuckbeababy:
    imageBrazilianPeach:
    imageColeRose:

imageLuckbeababy:

No joke! It's really common sense but common sense sometimes.... well isn't all that common. Let me try this way. You go to first tri and you say "OMG I'm so pregnant!!!". You are establishing a relationship with them. You are an active member of this board and you say "OMG I'm so pregnant!!!". You are transitioning out of this board and sharing news with people who were part of this journey. You've never been here and say "OMG I'm so pregnant!!!". We don't know you and never will. Therefore the best use of that post is a gif party. And since you can, on the same website, go to a different page to start this new journey you just come across as a show off tool. ETA: DYAC!!!
    Okay, whatever you say. If you are anything less than an active member on this board and announce "OMG I am so pregnant" you are a show off and a tool, because the people here were not a part of your journey. Got it! So I participate, give advice if I have an answer that I think might be helpful, say congrats on BFP posts, participate in the occasional polls and UO's, give my opinion from time to time, do I qualify as being part of your journey and you a part of mine?

Is that not exactly what everyone's been saying??

• imageLuckbeababy:
    imageBrazilianPeach:
    imageColeRose:

imageLuckbeababy:

Are you purposely trying to be a dense twat? Because it sure as hell seems like it.

Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • imageCiderWench:
    imageLuckbeababy:
    imageBrazilianPeach:
    imageColeRose:

imageLuckbeababy:

Are you purposely trying to be a dense twat? Because it sure as hell seems like it.

Care to elaborate what it is I said that makes me a dense twat? FWIW I do think calling someone a twat is pretty disrespectful so I will refrain from calling you the same.
    Photobucket
  • imageColeRose:

imageLuckbeababy:
    imageCiderWench:
    imageLuckbeababy:

Care to elaborate what it is I said that makes me a dense twat? FWIW I do think calling someone a twat is pretty disrespectful so I will refrain from calling you the same.

I'm not going to speak for someone else, but I didn't read this as her calling you a twat, but rather just trying to be one. The concept of when or when not to post a BFP is not that difficult.

Yes

It seems that concepts are hard for this one Wink

• imageLuckbeababy:
    imageCiderWench:
    imageLuckbeababy:
    imageBrazilianPeach:
    imageColeRose:

imageLuckbeababy:

I'm going to be devil's advocate and stick up for what Luckbeababy is saying. The CONCEPT of whether to announce your BFP is VERY obvious and clear, including to Luckbeababy (I'm assuming). Don't announce if you have hardly ever posted here. Do announce if you are a regular, active poster who people recognize. There is just a big gray area. I wouldn't necessarily say "if you are asking, then don't post" or "you either lurk enough to know your place on the board or you don't." 

Last time on my TTC journey I was on this board for about 3 months reading and contributing fairly actively but not nearly as actively as some others. When I got my BFP at the time I didn't know whether to post it because I felt like I was in the gray area. I posted it, got a lot of congrats including from some people who had clearly "remembered" me, and one person who said, "I don't know who you are, but congrats." It was definitely the gray area. I think I was right to post it but I almost didn't do it. 

This time around if I get a BFP at the end of this cycle (my third) I will probably not announce it. I'm only sort of active and I've written some dumb posts so probably some people have bad memories of me if they do remember me. ;-) Interestingly, I wasn't a fan of something that Luckybeababy posted on one of my posts but now I'm definitely trying to say I see what she's saying here.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel like the ?If you have to ask, the answer is no? response says it best. If you question it, best to just move on to first tri. Plenty of people lurk there and can say congrats if they remember you. 

Love is multiplied: DS #1: 1.5.99 ~ DS #2: 9.23.11 ~ DD 8.29.13

m/c 11/12/12 - sleep tight baby bean.

Bitty Baby #4, please stick around - we already love you so very much!

Ultrasound 11/4 - TWO HEARTBEATS!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageLoppy19:

It's like this. Imagine you just found out you're pregnant, so you walk into a room full of women who are TTGP (some for years, some for months, and some just started) that you kinda know but have never had a real conversation with. You say "Hey everyone! Guess what! I'm pregnant!" and then you turn around and leave to hang out with your fellow pregnant ladies.

Those women are going to be going "WTF?" and not "Hooray for you!"

Ugh, that analogy or any variation of it is so overused and not really applicable to the rules of this board. There are a lot of things that happen here that do not happen IRL, would you go up to a stranger and introduce yourself and then ask them to look at your FF chart? Probably not, nor would a complete stranger turn to the person in line at the grocery store and say I am pregnant. And where IRL would I find such a group of women that are TTC, some for months, some for years, that I sort of know and some I definitely do not know ad nd announce my BFP. A book club? The doctors office? Enlighten me please. Instead of trying to compare it to an IRL scenario just own it and say we can't and won't be happy for a strangers BFP, they are rubbing it in our faces and are twats, tools, douchecanoes, etc. In my response to BP I was asking her if I qualified as an active poster who has been a part of her journey and she a part of mine. Why is it so difficult that someone else might not be bothered by a BFP and would congratulate them instead of saying rude things? This is a public message board, I can say what I feel and state my opinion just the same as everyone else does.
    Photobucket
  • imageColeRose:
    imageLuckbeababy:
    imageLoppy19:

It's like this. Imagine you just found out you're pregnant, so you walk into a room full of women who are TTGP (some for years, some for months, and some just started) that you kinda know but have never had a real conversation with. You say "Hey everyone! Guess what! I'm pregnant!" and then you turn around and leave to hang out with your fellow pregnant ladies.

Those women are going to be going "WTF?" and not "Hooray for you!"

Ugh, that analogy or any variation of it is so overused and not really applicable to the rules of this board. There are a lot of things that happen here that do not happen IRL, would you go up to a stranger and introduce yourself and then ask them to look at your FF chart? Probably not, nor would a complete stranger turn to the person in line at the grocery store and say I am pregnant. And where IRL would I find such a group of women that are TTC, some for months, some for years, that I sort of know and some I definitely do not know ad nd announce my BFP. A book club? The doctors office? Enlighten me please. Instead of trying to compare it to an IRL scenario just own it and say we can't and won't be happy for a strangers BFP, they are rubbing it in our faces and are twats, tools, douchecanoes, etc. In my response to BP I was asking her if I qualified as an active poster who has been a part of her journey and she a part of mine. Why is it so difficult that someone else might not be bothered by a BFP and would congratulate them instead of saying rude things? This is a public message board, I can say what I feel and state my opinion just the same as everyone else does.

Yet all your posts are complaints about the board...why are you here?

Seriously, I have asked you this before as well. Anyone can post a BFP and people can all respond how they want to, just like any other posts. Just don't get all bent outof shape when people beep beep you if you haven't been around long.  This is not rocket science. Let it go!

Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

• To be a part of this magical journey with all you fine ladies. Plus this board is full of wonderful, helpful, caring ladies, just don't piss them off by posting a drive by BFP!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"