Pregnant after IF

I'm beginning to think my RE is overly cautious!

I know that can be a good thing but it's really starting to freak me out! Earlier this week at our u/s (7w2d) he said he was concerned because  he had a hard time finding the hb to listen to even though we did end up hearing it twice and could see it! Now today (7w5d) he said baby is measuring perfectly, hb was easy to see and hear at 164bpm bt he says my yolk sac is on the larger side of normal (it's a 6 and he said above a 7 is considered too big). He said large yolk sacs are associated with miscarriages. Although mine is still in the normal range, of course I'm freaking out. Advice?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I'm beginning to think my RE is overly cautious!

• I just recently graduated from the RE to the OB. OB's partner said that my RE had been treating me with kid gloves! I am so glad that he did. My RE told me to let him do any of the necessary worrying, and focus all of my energy on growing a baby.

I have no advice other than to say, let the RE be the cautious one. So far, it's paid off for me! 

• It does sound like he is a bit on the cautious side. Your LO has a great hb and that is a huge sign that things are just fine. Try and focus on that and not the worries that the re has. Let him do his own worring!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLaineyPaney:

I just recently graduated from the RE to the OB. OB's partner said that my RE had been treating me with kid gloves! I am so glad that he did. My RE told me to let him do any of the necessary worrying, and focus all of my energy on growing a baby.

I have no advice other than to say, let the RE be the cautious one. So far, it's paid off for me! 

I also recently graduated from the RE to my OB. My OB didn't mention anything about how my RE treated me but I'm very satisfied and happy with how my RE and her team did all the worrying for me and DH during the whole process. They took so much stress off our shoulders and I'm very thankful for that. I agree with LaineyPaney "let the RE be the cautious one" 

I hope that helps.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It definitely sounds like he's being a bit overly cautious...my thinking is that if you look at enough parameters, one thing is bound to be a little lower or higher than what you would expect but if it is not wildly off, I wouldn't read too much into it. In fact, I think most REs wouldn't even mention something like that - they might worry a tiny bit to themselves but not say anything.
    IUIs #1-3 (1x unmedicated, 2x Clomid) = 2 BFNs, 1 m/c at 7w3d
    IUIs #4-6 (injects) = 3 BFNs
    IVF #1 = BFN
    FET #1 = BFN
    FET #2 = BFN
    IVF #2 = BFP, b/g twins lost at 20w due to partial abruption/PPROM
    IVF #3 = c/p 5w2d
    Long-shot Clomid/Prednisone cycle before next IVF = BFP, our beautiful, healthy girl born 6/26/13!
    ~~
    TTC again March 2014
    FET #3 - May/June 2014
    -
    all embryos arrested before xfer - back to the drawing board...
    IVF #4 - July/August 2014 
    beta 1 (11dp3dt) 220, beta 2 (13dp3dt) 671, beta 3 (19dp3dt) 10762
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"