June 2013 Moms

Mom friends ROCK!

One of my best girlfriends just dropped a latte by my house.  Our LO#1 are just 2wks apart, LO#2s are 6mo apart, and LO#3s will be 9mo apart.  She knew we were up at all hours cleaning up from the stomach flu.

FTM, keep an eye out for ways to make mom-friends (mom/baby groups, MOPS, etc). I know these women always have my back.

BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
PgAL/PAL Welcome
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Mom friends ROCK!

• I have no IRL mom friends.  :(
    We said "I Do" on 9/27/2008!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree! I love my mom friends!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageckettenb:
    I have no IRL mom friends.  :(

Mine all live 6hrs away... and they are now on their 3rd pregnancies.  So I've been lucky to have one 30minute phone chat so far with one of my friends!  Which was actually really great!  Wish I knew more local young mom's or mom's to be.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good call!  I joined a mom group and have made two super good friends from it.   One even brought me home made lasagna when we had our miscarriage.  
    Riley 12/24/08 Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagetlafond82:

imageckettenb:

Mine all live 6hrs away... and they are now on their 3rd pregnancies.  So I've been lucky to have one 30minute phone chat so far with one of my friends!  Which was actually really great!  Wish I knew more local young mom's or mom's to be.

Any of my close friends with babies live far far away but as soon as my pregnancy is completely public I'm going to join a local mom meetup group that I've been checking out online. I'm really excited to make mom friends!
    imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye
  • imageChristyD6:
    imagetlafond82:

imageckettenb:

Any of my close friends with babies live far far away but as soon as my pregnancy is completely public I'm going to join a local mom meetup group that I've been checking out online. I'm really excited to make mom friends!

There are several great places to check out groups online that meet in your area.  Our local hospital has a Mom and Baby group.  There's also MOMS Clubs (Moms Offering Moms Support) and MOPS groups (Mothers of Preschoolers). 

I know our MOPS group welcomes pregnant women and the ladies are amazing.  After DD2, I had meals lined up every other day for 4wks.  I actually met my best mom friends, not in a "Moms" group, but a women's community service organization.  Get 100 women together and someone's always pregnant.

BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I can vouch from experience with July 2011 moms that those girls know more about me than my IRL mom friends. They've been there for me since I got BFP and posted on TB like I am now with you girls! I really hope to have the same experience with this group!

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"