March 2012 Moms

Bedtime

I saw the prior post about naps and it seemed like everyone was putting their LO's to sleep a lot earlier than we are. 

LO gets up at 6 each morning, sleeps for 30 minutes on the way to DC (7:15 to 7:45), naps from 11:30 to 12:30 and from 2:30 - 3:30 and again in the car on the way home (4:30 to 5) sometimes she will stay asleep until 6 if she didn't get a good nap at DC, then goes to bed at 9.  She sleeps all night.

Should we try putting her to bed earlier?  She doesn't seem overtired at night or in the mornings (we put her to bed if she does show any sign of being tired).  Sometimes on Sat and Sun morning she will sleep until 7.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bedtime

• Do what works for you. We started DD at 7:30 or 8 not 9 for the sake of our marriage. No joke. We are usually to bed between 9:30 and 10. We need that time after DD goes to bed for us. Plus, she gets grumpy now if she is up later. The transition took some time but now it is what works for us.

DD tends to sleep from about 7:30/8p until about 6:30/7a. Lately she has been wanting to nurse at 5:30 then she will go back down until 8:30. I don't like that but hoping it is just a phase.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Oh trust me I didn't put DS to bed at 6.. he does it himself lol. I try to keep him up later and he is the fussiest grump ever. So I figure it is what he wants and needs If 9 works for you guys then stick with it :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • imageds1247:

I saw the prior post about naps and it seemed like everyone was putting their LO's to sleep a lot earlier than we are. 

LO gets up at 6 each morning, sleeps for 30 minutes on the way to DC (7:15 to 7:45), naps from 11:30 to 12:30 and from 2:30 - 3:30 and again in the car on the way home (4:30 to 5) sometimes she will stay asleep until 6 if she didn't get a good nap at DC, then goes to bed at 9.  She sleeps all night.

Should we try putting her to bed earlier?  She doesn't seem overtired at night or in the mornings (we put her to bed if she does show any sign of being tired).  Sometimes on Sat and Sun morning she will sleep until 7.

Not us 8:30 ish  sometimes later, sometimes earlier... but usually between 8:30 and 9:30 here.  We don't have the same daycare and work hours as most people so this is what worked for us and LO pretty much chose the 8:30 mark
  • I would stick to what is working for you! DS has always gone to bed at 7 so that is what he is used to.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I say stick with what works! Don't mess with a good thing. :]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"