December 2012 Moms

I can not cool down!

Yesterday at my doctors appointment, the nurse, doctor, and Lab tech all told me how warm I felt, as if I needed someone to tell me! I am in a constant light sweat, and my face feels like a light bulb. But I don't have a fever! Which is definitely a good thing but I just want to climb in a freezer. Today is just the same.

I wish it was cold outside here so I could just go sit outside, but nooooooo Austin has to hold off on winter as long as possible.

Anyone have any good suggestions on cooling down? 

Re: I can not cool down!

• I feel your pain...I'm on the other side of Texas and am thoroughly annoyed at the warmth at the end of November!! I've taken to eating ice chips, real fruit Popsicles, and the occasional root beer float to cool me off...that and turning the A/C on while I'm alone in the house :)
    Anniversary
  • Try drinking more ice water. Water helps the body regulate heat. Sorry you are so uncomfy.

'I loved you for a thousand years and I will love you for a thousand more'

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I'm in PHX. It's been 80 here. Normally, that's nice weather for PHX, but being this pregnant is making me grumpy. I hate having the A/C on, but it's on right now.... along with every fan in the house.

Ice chips FTW. Or try taking a "cool" shower.

• Ice chips are the best right now, along with fans surrounding me! My SO is always annoyed when I eat ice though, because "its bad for my teeth" DONT CARE THOUGH. It makes me feel better :p
  • I'm in Dallas and totally feel your pain. I sometimes have to take cold showers to cool down. Not the most pleasant thing in the world but if I don't, my body temp gets too high and I can't bring it down the rest of the day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Just lots of sympathy for you.  I'm feeling the same way.  My husband is an ice cube and I'm "glowing" like I've been sweatin' to the oldies.
  • I am in snowy NY state and I am a sweaty little pig!
    DS born 2009
    BFP#2 ~ 8/2/11, EDD 4/11/12, D&C 9/12/11 at 9w5d
    BFP#3 ~ 4/15/12, EDD 12/21/12 ~ DD born 12/22/12
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageaelhunt:
    Try drinking more ice water. Water helps the body regulate heat. Sorry you are so uncomfy.

This! I always have a cold drink nearby! Oh, and I'm dressing like it's fall even though our weather is totally winter. 

Jude Wayne - Born 4/23/10 Violet Patricia - Born 12/5/12 Breastfeeding, baby-wearing work-at-home mom of 2 living in Rockville, MD
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"