Parenting
Options

I want you to kiss and tell!

Last night as dh and I were in a full on make out session I told him that the only time (since we've had DD) we truly make out is when he wants to dtd. He stopped and was like...wow, maybe we should make some changes. So...do you make out on a regular basis or only when you're in the bedroom about to dtd? I'm feeling old and lame now that we've realized this.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: I want you to kiss and tell!

• Options

Add me to the lame crew. Only before/during dtd.

ETA: We do kiss a lot though in front of the kids. We do hugs/kisses/love yous before work and when DH gets home. We make an effort to be affectionate. Just not making out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I wish.  I love kissing, I mean love it, but DH never wants to engage in lip locking.  He would probably get more if he tried to make out with more out of the blue.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't really like kissing.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Only if it is leading to something.
  • Options
    imagemissyleaferg:

I wish.  I love kissing, I mean love it, but DH never wants to engage in lip locking.  He would probably get more if he tried to make out with more out of the blue.

This describes me/us perfectly!!!

• Options
    We hadn't made out in probably a couple of years just to make out. But now that I'm still under 6wks pp and not cleared for "it", we have made out.

I don't know why we don't just make out more. I think it's really fun... and hot. But maybe that's why it always leads to sex...?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageKC_13:

Add me to the lame crew. Only before/during dtd.

ETA: We do kiss a lot though in front of the kids. We do hugs/kisses/love yous before work and when DH gets home. We make an effort to be affectionate. Just not making out.

We kiss/hug say I love yous all the time...just not make out. Sad 

• Options

I'm confused as to why only making out leading to sex is a bad thing.

I'm not 15, I'm allowed to do more than make out.

Even if there was so expectation of sex, it would end up there after a make out session.

• Options
    Well, I'm glad I'm not the only person that doesn't have regular make out sessions.

• Options
    DH has really bad teeth and hasn't been to the dentist in 15 years and it grosses me out. BC of his teeth he has bad breath and I therefore do not really want to be full on making out, I don't really want to tell him this though, we can't afford all he needs to have done.

• Options
    imageAshPal61:

We only make out if it's going to lead to something.

Even then, I could do without it.  I'd rather just get down to business.

LOL this. 

Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    I dunno about make out, but we get touchy feeley at other times...

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

• Options
    imageoverture:

I'm confused as to why only making out leading to sex is a bad thing.

I'm not 15, I'm allowed to do more than make out.

Even if there was so expectation of sex, it would end up there after a make out session.

Never said it was bad...but before I was KU there were regular make out sessions that didn't lead to sex. It was just something I noticed and wanted to see if I was the odd bird.

• Options
    Here's the thing: Making out makes me want sex. I honestly can't remember the last time I made out when I didn't want sex, but I rarely don't want sex, and usually if I don't want sex it means I'm in a poopy mood or exhausted, so I don't want to make out anyways.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Options
    I actually crave kisses sometimes and DH isn't into stuff like that lately. Other than the occasional peck we've pretty much gone to roommate status. Kissing is only a sex thing for him.
  • Options

imageLuckyDad:
    Here's the thing: Making out makes me want sex. I honestly can't remember the last time I made out when I didn't want sex, but I rarely don't want sex, and usually if I don't want sex it means I'm in a poopy mood or exhausted, so I don't want to make out anyways.

LD 4 President 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagegwinnygirl:

Very rare.

Actually, this might sound bad, but H isn't the best kisser.

This totally.  Embarrassed

I have tried to teach, but it has not worked.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    Only when we're drunk.  Obviously because it's the only time our breath smells the same.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    Oh, I love a good make-out sesh.  We do that quite a bit.
  • Options

Rarely... I actually am not really into making out.  We'll do a little leading up to DTD and then of course share some good kisses in between ... but it doesnt really do anything for me to have prolonged endless kissing sessions....It's like, OK lets just do it already.  It's kind of a suffocating feeling after a while.

Cat leg goes crazy and beats itself in the face

image  image
  • Options
    imageMollusksWrangler:

imageLuckyDad:

It only doesn't lead to sex if we get interrupted or I tell him ahead of time it wont go anywhere.  I think he thinks there is still a chance when I warn him since I've changed my mind before though.   

Yeah, I kinda take it as a challenge if she claims it won't lead to sex. It's rare for me not to at least get a bj out of the deal. I take it as a sign my kissin' is still up to snuff.

That is, unless Little Blocker starts fussing. I've said it before around here, but I swear that kid can smell when DW gets worked up and little alarms go off in his head. "DANGER DANGER! Potential Sibling Creation Alert! Commence crying and interrupt fornication immediately!"

• Options
    imageLuckyDad:

I totally read "poopy mood" as just "pooping"

Makes sense.
  • Options
    I don't really see the point in just making out.  I mean we kiss and hug, but if we are going to make out I'm trying to get to hOme base.
     Lilypie - (gu1R)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    Yeahhh i cant remember the last time we made out and it didn't lead to more. I really just feel like Id rather just do it or just cuddle and watch tv.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagetinyhumantoe:
    Only when we're drunk.nbsp; Obviously because it's the only time our breath smells the same.
    This. Only when we're drunk. It's better that way.
  • Options
    imageLuckyDad:
    imageMollusksWrangler:

imageLuckyDad:

It only doesn't lead to sex if we get interrupted or I tell him ahead of time it wont go anywhere.  I think he thinks there is still a chance when I warn him since I've changed my mind before though.   

Yeah, I kinda take it as a challenge if she claims it won't lead to sex. It's rare for me not to at least get a bj out of the deal. I take it as a sign my kissin' is still up to snuff.

That is, unless Little Blocker starts fussing. I've said it before around here, but I swear that kid can smell when DW gets worked up and little alarms go off in his head. "DANGER DANGER! Potential Sibling Creation Alert! Commence crying and interrupt fornication immediately!"

I have said this about our kids too. Its crazy how they just "know" 

I'm not really into PDA so we do kisses and pecks on the cheek but actually making out? I'm good.  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageLibby1978:
    I don't really see the point in just making out.  I mean we kiss and hug, but if we are going to make out I'm trying to get to hOme base.

Yes

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    imageLibby1978:
    I don't really see the point in just making out.nbsp; I mean we kiss and hug, but if we are going to make out I'm trying to get to hOme base.

Tehehee

• Options
    imagemissyleaferg:

+1 

• Options

The only time we make out is when we're about to have sex. I know DH would love to kiss/ make out more though.

ETA we give each other pecks on the lips and tons of hugs and snuggles though, just not much passionate kissing/ making out. 

252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • Options
    imageMollusksWrangler:
    imageLuckyDad:
    imageMollusksWrangler:

imageLuckyDad:

yeah that's always a mood killer.  I'm not looking forward to those days again.  I hate having to throw on clothes and/or race for the nursery. 

Does it make us bad parents if we just ignore the kids and have sex? We will stop if they sound really upset, but just fussing? Nah.

252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • Options
    imageAshasaurusRex:

Does it make us bad parents if we just ignore the kids and have sex? We will stop if they sound really upset, but just fussing? Nah.

I hate to give a serious answer, but I think it's slightly age dependent. A fussing 6 month old = a crying 6 month old in about 2 minutes. But older kids can self soothe back to sleep... right?

• Options
    imageLuckyDad:
    imageAshasaurusRex:

I hate to give a serious answer, but I think it's slightly age dependent. A fussing 6 month old = a crying 6 month old in about 2 minutes. But older kids can self soothe back to sleep... right?

Ohhh, yeah totally. If they were that young we definitely wouldn't ignore them. Mine are 22 months and 3 years though and they can definitely self soothe:).

• Options
    DH would love to just make out more often but I'm not really into it so we pretty much only make out before DTD.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"