December 2010 Moms
Options

Poor birdie. :(

So, I'm sitting at the comp. and all of a sudden I hear a thud and look towards the window next to me and see tiny feathers floating in the air. My kitty was sitting in the window and was looking around and down at the ground. I had a feeling a bird hit the window, so I called DH in to look out the window and he confirmed it was a little bird. There he or she was, lying on the ground, not moving, with their eyes closed. My heart broke for the poor bird. I saw that it was still breahting so I called a local vet and they gave me a # to a wildlife conservation (or something like that). I gave a quick call and the woman was very nice on the phone. She said that most likely the bird was being chased (which, I think it was because I saw other birds when I first looked out the window) and wasn't paying attention to where it was flying. She said it happens all the time. Well, while I was on the phone with her (crying) looking at this poor bird, it stopped breathing and I knew it was gone. She said it most likely broke it's neck when it hit the window and probably died rather quickly. It stopped breathing within a minute or 2 of hitting the window. Anyway, DH is on clean up duty and I still feel terrible for that little birdie. May he/she RIP. :(
Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Poor birdie. :(

• Options
    That is so sad! How sweet of you to call someone though Were they nice about it? I can't imagine too many people would be concerned enough to call

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • Options
    :(
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagejarebearsmom:
    That is so sad! How sweet of you to call someone though Were they nice about it? I can't imagine too many people would be concerned enough to call

She was very nice and comapssionate...I think she felt terrible that I had witnessed it. I just felt so bad for the bird and wished I could have helped. :(

• Options

My golden retriever has caught 3 birds in her life, all alive. The first one we drove all over town to get to the vets, get food etc. They pretty much all said you have to let it's family take it back.

So for the next two we just kept an eye on it and made sure the dogs left it alone. 

The first one lived, I thought the 2nd one did until I was upset when the 3rd one died while my husband was out of town and he came clean that the 2nd one didn't make it either, he just didn't have the heart to tell me.

We have no idea why the injured birds keep ending up in our yard for our golden to play with, you'd think word would get out in the birdiey community to keep away from the big chewbaca looking thing in that yard. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Options
    imagestephy1221:

My golden retriever has caught 3 birds in her life, all alive. The first one we drove all over town to get to the vets, get food etc. They pretty much all said you have to let it's family take it back.

So for the next two we just kept an eye on it and made sure the dogs left it alone. 

The first one lived, I thought the 2nd one did until I was upset when the 3rd one died while my husband was out of town and he came clean that the 2nd one didn't make it either, he just didn't have the heart to tell me.

We have no idea why the injured birds keep ending up in our yard for our golden to play with, you'd think word would get out in the birdiey community to keep away from the big chewbaca looking thing in that yard. 

LOL Yea...all the animals in the neighborhood hangout in our yard because we don't let our kitties out, so no one to chase them. Both houses on the sides of our house both have dogs, so the animals don't hang there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"