September 2012 Moms

Let's talk about exersaucers/jumperoos

I feel like Nola is bored and she's getting pretty steady "standing" so I'm looking into getting her an exersaucer. I want one that bounces but they're so expensive. Anybody have an exersaucer that doesn't bounce and they're LO still like it as they grow? I guess this is mostly directed at STMs. I think I might hit up some consignment stores and see if I can find a bargain. TIA!

Anniversary
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Let's talk about exersaucers/jumperoos

• Excersausers are stationary and my first LOVED it and we also have a Jumperoo which he also loved.  I would say that we got the most use out of the Jumperoo but every kid is different
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • SIL picked up one at Menards for us, ridiculously cheap. Like $10-15. I have high hopes that it does amputate one of her legs or something, but honestly it looks safe and sturdy. It's a cheap option.

edit- oops forgot to say exersaucer 

Orginal September 2012 Mom
    #1 Alice born 9/12 born after 2 1/2 years on infertility
    #2 Loss 12/15
    Ttc #3

• Loading the player...
  • We have this exersaucer that I registered for with DD1 because I was too cheap to pay for it. It's stationary, but they can still bend their knees and bounce themselves in it, its just not crazy bouncy like a jumperoo.

Like a lot of baby things, they only use it for a few months, but I like it a lot. It plays music, has stuff to occupy their hands, and most of all, is a good place to put them when you need to get some stuff done and they've outgrown the swing and/or bouncy seat.

I've seen a lot of them at consignment sales, so I'd say that's probably your best bet. I will most likely try to consign ours once DD2 is finished with it. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • How funny, I was just trying to remember what age my DD was when we started using hers...
    We have a baby einstein activity jumper and she LOVED it for as long as she fit in it a good 6 months.

• Sorry i didn't actually answer your question since ours was a jumper! But i think she started using it at 3.5 months. Added bonus, a few minutes of jumping usually led to a poopy diaper for her.

• We had this one for DD and will use it for DS.  It rotates and jumps.  We were able to put her in it with a towel or blanket in the seat once she was able to hold her head up well and she loved it.  I know I didn't pay this much for it though, I must have used the 20% coupon or bought it on sale.

https://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?SKU=17739905&RN=7321&amp

• We had a jumperoo and an exersaucer.  Both had things for him to play with, but he liked the jumperoo better and just tried to jump in the exersaucer.  But both were purchased second-hand (craigslist & consignment shop).  He only used them for maybe 4 months?

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"